What's new

No sounds to incoming calls

riklar

Reaction score
Hello,

I have iPhone 3Gs with ios 4.3.5.
When incoming call arrives the iphone vibrate but no sounds.
The sound volume is on maximum, and on other applications it works. The iPhone is not jail-broken.
The iphone gets incoming calls and send outgoing calls.

What can I do to bring back my sound the incoming calls.

TIA for any help

Did you ever have incoming sounds before? If yes, what did you do in the meanwhile? I assume you've associated an incoming call sound in your settings, right? Get back here if no resolution -- we'll figure it out.

You have probably got the MUTE switch in the ON position. Turn it OFF. Top left side of phone. Been there, done that.

You have probably got the MUTE switch in the ON position. Turn it OFF. Top left side of phone. Been there, done that.

Poco.... just for my own sake, the OP said his sounds were OK other than for incoming calls. Is that Mute button only for calls? (I know, I should look it up!!) :p

Poco.... just for my own sake, the OP said his sounds were OK other than for incoming calls. Is that Mute button only for calls? (I know, I should look it up!!) :p

I had the same thing happen to me, go to Settings select a ring tone and it worked, called my phone, vibrates no ring. Also no kebooard sounds and maybe alerts. Music played fine. The mute switch only mutes a few system sounds, sense iOS ver 4.x.x I think .

If you have installed any sound or related app on the device form the apps store try to uninstall it, reboot your device and check if the sound is back or not.
You can also try 2x hard resetting the device, also try to connect it to your computer and sync it, then reboot your device after that and see if it helps. In case all fail, then you will have to restore your iPhone from a backup to the time the incoming call was working if you have one backup for that time, otherwise then you will need to factory restore the iOS.