What's new

Silencing Incoming Calls

HunnieBunnie

Reaction score
If I put my mobile on do not disturb, it silences texts, emails notifications, and incoming calls. Is there a way to silence just incoming calls whilst letting text and email notifications to come through?

ETA: It must be fate! I no sooner posted this question than I found a message on my iPhone that said I could choose to send all unknown calls (numbers) directly to voicemail instead of having them ring through. Calls from contacts and from people I have tried to reach will still come through. What a great development! One of the biggest reasons I put my iPhone on do not disturb if I want to rest is because of robo calls, telemarketers, surveys, etc.

In a way, this sort of solves my problem. Still, is there a way to allow texts and emails to come through if the phone is set to do not disturb?

Last edited:
If you simply want to silence incoming calls, you can use the Mute button, which you enquired about recently (situated above the Volume buttons).

Yes, but will that still allow texts and email notifications to com through?

It will stop the sounds of the notifications and messages as well.

Oh, that was what I thought. Wish I could just stop calls but still let texts get through. Thanks.