What's new

Welcome to the iPhone Forum! Please post an introduction thread.

Hello all.......looking for compelling reasons (other than camera features) to invest $299 in a new iPhone4 with new 2yr contract OR waiting for the rumored iPhone5 with unknown features?

dmcc98

And if you need a good camera plus a phone, then hold on for the iPhone 5. It sure will have better camera than the iPhone 4, but you know, if you buy the iPhone at release you might have differents type of issues with it and will have to wait for upgrades all the time, so maybe the iPhone 5 camera might also have issues at release and get fix as iOS upgrades get available. If these doesn't matter to you then hold on for the 5. And by getting the 4 now, you will be limited with 5mp and you won't be able to receive many upcoming upgrades, but you know you will not face any major issue with the iPhone 4 and the camera is not that bad after all. Like Steve said i quote " pictures are not all about pixels".

I'd buy two iPhone 4's if I could afford it but hubby is not into technical phones so 3GS is all he's getting. He's not interested in phones in general.

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

My old handset failed just after the Christmas holidays. I went to the VZW store to ask what the staff knew at that point about the prospective iPhone. After I think nine iPods, a MacBook, and an iMac I thought it would be nice to have a phone that integrated seamlessly with my other Apple devices. At that point, of course, nobody in any of the retail stores could put a date on the arrival if the CDMA iPhone. I sighed and left the store with a Motorola Droid. After my old handset, it was a delight. Within days, however, Apple announced launch of the Verizon phone. VZW told me without hesitation I could return the Droid for a refund, have my "new every two" credit reinstated, and get in line for the iPhone. I ordered online and had the phone in hand (and working) two days before the official launch date.
As much as I like my other Apple stuff, and as nice a job as the iPhone 4 does on other features, it is a crappy telephone. I never had any of these dropped calls issues with the Droid.

I have the i phone 4 and my husband got my old 3gs too, and when the 5 comes out, he'll then get my 4. He only uses the phone for calls, doesn't use any apps, doesn't even sync it. He has an ipad, when he gets the ipad 2 next month then I will get his i pad 1, we share things around, like most people I know

I have the i phone 4 and my husband got my old 3gs too, and when the 5 comes out, he'll then get my 4. He only uses the phone for calls, doesn't use any apps, doesn't even sync it. He has an ipad, when he gets the ipad 2 next month then I will get his i pad 1, we share things around, like most people I know

That's a good deal :) and it save a lot of money for the house.

good call then, why wait for the 5 and then get the 4 and get the 3gs now though? you end up spending double the money? sounds to me like he would even be happy with the iphone of 2007

Hi.....dave here. I bought a 3Gs from AT&T as soon as they were available and have found it a much better computer than telephone :). My 2-year contract is up and am looking for compelling reasons to upgrade to iPhone 4 or wait for iPhone 5??

Hi.....dave here. I bought a 3Gs from AT&T as soon as they were available and have found it a much better computer than telephone :). My 2-year contract is up and am looking for compelling reasons to upgrade to iPhone 4 or wait for iPhone 5??

I would wait for the 5, yet I will not run into it to buy at day of release, I will read review and bugs about it. If I like it, I will take it, else I will take the 4.

well the iphone wont be here until the fall so it could be worth waiting... if your able to

Hi everyone. Coming from a rooted android to a jail broken iPhone. I am sure I will encounter many obstacles along the way to total enlightenment so please bear with me and my questions.
Thanks in advance.

I've had my iPhone 4 about a week now. Makes all my other laptops, netbooks, etc look like antiques. Will buy only Apple products from now on.
Mike

I think anyone who gets an apple product of any kind will be in aww for a little while. I love all my apple products. I like iOS better then windows any day. So yes I think you should buy now. You can always upgrade if you want too later