What's new

Weather Elements Worked, now doesnt Work?

InkedAdrenaline

Reaction score
So today I upgraded from 4 to 4s. JB at my parents house(had to make pitstop for my son). Downloaded WE and everything worked great. I love this LS. Anyways got home and hook to itunes to restore from backup to get all apps/photos/music and now WE doesnt work. I have tried everything untechnical related I can think of. I have reinstalled EVERYTHING and still doesnt work. Any ideas? thanks

Just open the Weather Elements app and switch to GPS mode, get your GPS coordinates and save and it should start working again.

Same thing happened to me.

This is all I get...
fe896d2f.jpg

Yes. Doesn't fix. The thing that gets me is it worked great before I restored my phone.

Well I finally got it workin but I had to clean restore, rejailbreak, and add each tweak/app one by one lol. Shows you how much I love this LS.

Glad to hear it! IMO definitely worth it. I've been using this LS for at least a year, can't imagine using anything else.

Hi guys,

I assume LS stands for lock Screen. Many moons ago i had the htc tp2. I just loved the background weather with motion. Will this app give me the same effect? If so would you please be kind enough to provide me with this apps name.

Thank you in advance

The LS (lockscreen) we are referring to is called Weather Elements

Lmao, stopped working again lol. Something I have must interfering, I give up

Lmao, stopped working again lol. Something I have must interfering, I give up

That was happening to me too, it was like the configuration file kept getting reset or something. I set my configuration and then changed the permissions on the config file and removed the write permission and haven't had any problems since.

That was happening to me too, it was like the configuration file kept getting reset or something. I set my configuration and then changed the permissions on the config file and removed the write permission and haven't had any problems since.

Step by step please. This is driving me crazy!!!

Open the Weather Elements app up and reset the GPS coordinates and save it. Once you have the lockscreen working again use iFile and go to var/stash/Themes/Weather Elements.theme and click the blue arrow next to db.html then under "Access Permission" change everything to "Read,Execute" only. That should prevent the db.html from being modified.