What's new

Water damaged iPhone 4S

Status
Not open for further replies.

gza1105

Reaction score
Hey everyone

So this past sunday, I dropped my iphone 4s in a cup with water and it was half way inside it, I took it out, cleaned it and then I put it in a bag with uncooked rice, I left it in the bag with rice from Sunday night until today!.. I took it out of the bag, vacuumed it and turned it back on! and it is working.. I checked the back and front camera and they work properly, same as speakers and headphones... my iphone is alive and working to its 100%... but now the question is, for how long!??? do you think my phone will make it for a while? I bought a screwdriver for iphones and tried to open it but it didnt work, I think the screws are either stripped or the screwdriver is such a cheap quality that it stripped itself LOL.. but anyway.. what should I do? thanks

Hey everyone

So this past sunday, I dropped my iphone 4s in a cup with water and it was half way inside it, I took it out, cleaned it and then I put it in a bag with uncooked rice, I left it in the bag with rice from Sunday night until today!.. I took it out of the bag, vacuumed it and turned it back on! and it is working.. I checked the back and front camera and they work properly, same as speakers and headphones... my iphone is alive and working to its 100%... but now the question is, for how long!??? do you think my phone will make it for a while? I bought a screwdriver for iphones and tried to open it but it didnt work, I think the screws are either stripped or the screwdriver is such a cheap quality that it stripped itself LOL.. but anyway.. what should I do? thanks
well i wouldn't try opening it,you will void your warranty,its working now so just leave it alone and keep your fingers crossed,its anyones guess how long it will work,it may be that you have been lucky and it will be fine.

Hey everyone

it will be better for you if you despose it. sell it then take a new one..but make sure not to drop again in water..LOL

pepex_pepex said:
it will be better for you if you despose it. sell it then take a new one..but make sure not to drop again in water..LOL

Agreed

iPhone 4s 16gb

Consider yourself lucky- I dropped mine in my beer scrambling to take Tiger woods picture this weekend at the PGA tourney. I know..of all places- right into my cup ! No rice available on the course- so I'm stuck in an apple LOGO screen..posting now for advice, as mine acted really funny for a day-and now is dead- in Rice-

just put it in a bucket of rice over night to clear out some of the water that might be still in there

I would try putting it in the rice as much as possible to hopefully dry it out completely, can't hurt, right?

Consider yourself lucky- I dropped mine in my beer scrambling to take Tiger woods picture this weekend at the PGA tourney. I know..of all places- right into my cup ! No rice available on the course- so I'm stuck in an apple LOGO screen..posting now for advice, as mine acted really funny for a day-and now is dead- in Rice-

Turn off your phone, run it through tap water to get out the sticky liquid, and put it in one of these.

http://www.bheestie.com/

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

this is an old thread folks,closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.