What's new

iPhone 4S water damaged

Scooby_82

Reaction score
Hi, I have a iPhone 4S which has been water damaged. Had it in rice for two weeks, tried a restore all turned on back backlight wouldn't work found the screen and digitiser were damaged so I replaced it, and cleaned the mother board with isopropyl. I then fitted the phone back together and switched on, it all worked fine apart from cellular connection it just says searching. I then tried a restore, it's now back to factory setting and will not restore. Now the phone and iTunes says the phone is internally damaged. Can anyone help?? Note I lost the earth connection from under the battery clip is this important??

Hi, I have a iPhone 4S which has been water damaged. Had it in rice for two weeks, tried a restore all turned on back backlight wouldn't work found the screen and digitiser were damaged so I replaced it, and cleaned the mother board with isopropyl. I then fitted the phone back together and switched on, it all worked fine apart from cellular connection it just says searching. I then tried a restore, it's now back to factory setting and will not restore. Now the phone and iTunes says the phone is internally damaged. Can anyone help?? Note I lost the earth connection from under the battery clip is this important??

Every connector is important. You will need that missing ground connection for proper operation. Tere is likely other damage caused by the water and it may prove impossible to get this phone to full operating condition.

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator