What's new

Waiting for my iPhone 4 32g to arrive

Jockscrap

Reaction score
Hi All.
I'm a fairly active member on the iPad forum after getting an iPad in May. After the IOS 5 upgrade, I realised how great it woud be to have reminders (love this app!), my calendar and emails with me wherever I go, so I'm hoping when my new-to-me iPhone arrives next week, I can work out how to get everything syncing. I don't use gmail or anything fancy, just the iPad apps, so I'm really hoping it will be straightforward.
After thinking I'd move from O2 to Giffgaff, O2 made me an offer I couldn't refuse to stay with them. I hope 500mb is going to be enough.
I'm looking forward to receiving help from you all, and hopefully I might even be able to come up with something useful myself in a little while once I'm in to the swing of things.

hello and welcome to the forum!

Good choice going with o2, even though they do use the same network. why pay for the one that uses the o2 network you may as well use o2..

but for me I found 500mb was not enough and their data charges are crazy, I spoke to one of the o2 staff and they told me they put me on a valued customer tariff where I would never be charged for 3G again, I think they where pulling my leg and thinking I would not notice or even use up 500mb a month..

but any way.. what deal did you get?:)

I am on the Text and Web tariff where if you top up £10 each month you get 300 texts and 500mb for that month. In addition, I pay £5 a month for the Your O2 Numbers bolt on which is fantastic value for me. You get any combination of 1000 texts and minutes to your 10 O2 numbers. My kids, DH, parents, FIL and best friends are all on O2, so I barely touch my free 300 texts and only make a handful of calls to unincluded numbers, so at the moment since I have no requirement for data, I only top up £10 every six or seven weeks.

As the £10 Giffgaff option gave you talk minutes which could be useful (I would make more calls to other people if I could do it for free), O2 offered me 50 talk minutes each month on top of my usual T&W tariff, for 6 months. After 6 months, I could have £30 credit on my phone built up if I don't exceed my data allowance, because unlike with Giffgaff, my tariff doesn't actually cost me £10, it only requires a top up of £10. If I don't use all the free data, I'll only actually spend £5 for my your o2 numbers bolt on each month. Seemed a good deal to me, so long as I stick to wifi the majority of the time. After six months, I'll have a better idea of my requirements and can review my tariff at that point.

well the thing is about giffgaff is that the best part is unlimited data and 3G has so many restrictions that even when you try use up data you dont really use that much.. I think 1GB is plenty and 500mb if you are a light user but as you said when you use it a month or so you will get a better idea of what you need to have more of in a tariff but I think you made the right move in going with o2