What's new

New here, can't wait to get my new iPhone

DroidConverted

Reaction score
Well I finally took the plunge and ordered a 4s after living with Android since the Droid and Eris were released. I had the Eris, Incredible and now the Razr. The Incredible was my favorite of the three.

I just got tired of new phone after new phone being released and manufacturers forgetting about the phone they just released a few months back. After Moto released the Maxx and the Razr HD being right around the corner, I figured that I need to sell my Razr now while I can still get something for it.

I hate the fact that the OS is so fragmented and not all apps work with all phones or OS versions. I don't root or jailbreak and hate all the bloat that Verizon puts on their phones that I can't remove. I also think phones are just getting too damn big. My Razr is HUGE! I can't imagine a bigger screen than 4.3".

Although the iPhone is a bit small, it is the same size as my Incredible was. I'd rather have it be a little on the small side than too big. I think 4" is the sweet spot.

Some things I will miss though are Google Maps/Navigation, Swiftkey X keyboard (I was able to type entire text messages by only choosing the words, not individual letters) and widgets. They areally are cool to have and I hope Apple sees to it that they are in a future version of iOS.

I will also miss not having a SD card slot (I have a 64 GB card in my Razr now), but since I have unlimited data and got a 32GB 4s, I should not have a problem.

I am looking forward to a single OS and form factor. I am also looking forward to all of the third-party accessories that are available for the iPhone. I really need a good speaker dock that works with my phone. I picked up the Soundfreaq with the FM radio app but could never get it to work right with my Razr, so I returned it. The answer that I got from Soundfreaq support was that there are just so many different Android phones and OS versions, that it is difficult to get the app to work perfectly with every phone.

I also like the fact that I can use iTunes for everything. I wish I didn't HAVE to, but it is nice having only one program that handles everything. I am hoping that iOS and the iPhone is as great as I'm hearing.

Well I finally took the plunge and ordered a 4s after living with Android since the Droid and Eris were released. I had the Eris, Incredible and now the Razr. The Incredible was my favorite of the three.

I just got tired of new phone after new phone being released and manufacturers forgetting about the phone they just released a few months back. After Moto released the Maxx and the Razr HD being right around the corner, I figured that I need to sell my Razr now while I can still get something for it.

I hate the fact that the OS is so fragmented and not all apps work with all phones or OS versions. I don't root or jailbreak and hate all the bloat that Verizon puts on their phones that I can't remove. I also think phones are just getting too damn big. My Razr is HUGE! I can't imagine a bigger screen than 4.3".

Although the iPhone is a bit small, it is the same size as my Incredible was. I'd rather have it be a little on the small side than too big. I think 4" is the sweet spot.

Some things I will miss though are Google Maps/Navigation, Swiftkey X keyboard (I was able to type entire text messages by only choosing the words, not individual letters) and widgets. They areally are cool to have and I hope Apple sees to it that they are in a future version of iOS.

I will also miss not having a SD card slot (I have a 64 GB card in my Razr now), but since I have unlimited data and got a 32GB 4s, I should not have a problem.

I am looking forward to a single OS and form factor. I am also looking forward to all of the third-party accessories that are available for the iPhone. I really need a good speaker dock that works with my phone. I picked up the Soundfreaq with the FM radio app but could never get it to work right with my Razr, so I returned it. The answer that I got from Soundfreaq support was that there are just so many different Android phones and OS versions, that it is difficult to get the app to work perfectly with every phone.

I also like the fact that I can use iTunes for everything. I wish I didn't HAVE to, but it is nice having only one program that handles everything. I am hoping that iOS and the iPhone is as great as I'm hearing.
Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure? | iPhone Unlocking Guide for Beginners
iPhoneForums.net Mobile App

Forum Rules

WOW...you and I think alike...that's my thought exactly...but throw in that I will miss my contacts integrated with my gmail contacts...

But I am getting sick of hearing this droid got an update or this one but not mine which is still a 4g lte late model but already forgotten.

And agreed on all the third party accessories!

My upgrade isn't until october ...I am hoping for the next gen iphone by then. Till then I will put up with my Droid Charge and play on my wifes 4 to find more things I can do on it. Nice to be able to master it before I get one.

Yes hoping for no more than a 4" screen too...and keep the same plug in
Jim

Sent from my Droid Charge using Tapatalk.

WOW...you and I think alike...that's my thought exactly...but throw in that I will miss my contacts integrated with my gmail contacts...

UGH! I didn't realize that. That sucks. I guess I'm looking at a steeper learning curve than I anticipated.

I look at it this way though, if it doesn't work out, I can always sell the 4s and pick up the Rezound and still turn a little profit. I got a really good deal on a 32GB.

Last edited:
jdhiker said:
throw in that I will miss my contacts integrated with my gmail contacts...

I came from Android and the first thing I did was sync my google contacts with iOS and it works exactly like it does with Android. So does my Google calendar.

So what issue are you having?

I came from Android and the first thing I did was sync my google contacts with iOS and it works exactly like it does with Android. So does my Google calendar.

So what issue are you having?

That's good to hear. Was it a simple process?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Having also just come to the iPhone from Android I share many of your reasons. I love it more every day and this is after about 1.5 months of use. My biggest "challenge" is dealing with not being able to set up sound profiles according to any type of schedule. Other than that I have been able to convert to the ios way of doing things and not even think of looking back. Enjoy your new phone and welcome to the forum. Lots of helpful folks here.
RA

I came to the iPhone from the Evo 4G (4.3 screen) and thought that the smaller screen on the iPhone would mean tons of typing mistakes. Not so. I'm finding that I can type entire paragraphs as fast as I want on my iPhone 4S without a single typo. This keyboard is actually pretty smart.

As for maps/navigation, the iPhone 4S has a maps app, and you can ask Siri for directions. I asked Siri "how do I get home?" an she gave me a map with three different routes and turn by turn directions.

After being on Android since it was first released I love my iPhone and wouldn't give it up for anything.

iPhone 4S - 16 GB/White/OtterBox Case

Glad to hear that the "conversion" is easy. I'm looking foward to it.

Thanks for the info everyone!