What's new

VoiceOver

JennieR

Reaction score
Does anyone have VoiceOver for iPhone? If so what do you think and how do you like it?

I have tried it and don't like it as it is not that accurate, I use favourites for friends & relatives I often call.

I have tried it and don't like it as it is not that accurate, I use favourites for friends & relatives I often call.

Hi I had bad experiences with skype and the likes. Not consistent reception and call quality and not reliable at all.

I just started using google voice. I think it's not VOIP and I can make and receive calls on edge!

I have my google number set to my a-list and so far can make unlimited calls and receive unlimited calls.

I'm still testing this means and so far it works great. The best part you don't need a wifi or 3G connection. From doing some research it appears that google voice uses the same cell towers.

Last edited:
"Hi I had bad experiences with skype and the likes. Not consistent reception and call quality and not reliable at all. "

Well, Skype is working very well for me, I often make calls to Canada and France and Skype has never let me down.

The article I read told about how voice over would read any screen on any application. I just wondered if it was any good. I could see, for me, where this would be an advantage. Multitasking... on the computer and listening to messages or email at the same time. I couldn't find an all that fit this description but know I wonder if I could find it in settings. Any thoughts?

"Hi I had bad experiences with skype and the likes. Not consistent reception and call quality and not reliable at all. "

Well, Skype is working very well for me, I often make calls to Canada and France and Skype has never let me down.

Skype on iPhone works only if you are not moving but just sitting and talking. However if you are walking outside or a passenger in a car it is not consistent because skype uses Internet connection; wifi or 3G.

However I believe google voice is not voice over as I tested it making calls on edge and works great. I tried it when I was a passenger in a car and was extremely consistent, calls sounded like I was calling from cell phone. With the car on the highway had no problem with call quality and consistency as I would have with skype in this situation.

So I'm wondering if google voice uses cell phone towers because it certainly doesn't sound like voice over.

Last edited:
I have tried many voip services on my iphone. There are many available, the one I am using is vox. I would rate the Vox app for iPhone as the best app on the apple store as it gives you the option to connect to the rest of the world with nominal charges. Also, services are good and very efficient.

Skype on iPhone works only if you are not moving but just sitting and talking. However if you are walking outside or a passenger in a car it is not consistent because skype uses Internet connection; wifi or 3G.

However I believe google voice is not voice over as I tested it making calls on edge and works great. I tried it when I was a passenger in a car and was extremely consistent, calls sounded like I was calling from cell phone. With the car on the highway had no problem with call quality and consistency as I would have with skype in this situation.

So I'm wondering if google voice uses cell phone towers because it certainly doesn't sound like voice over.

You guys are lucky to have the option of using Google Voice, here in OZ, it is not available, I don't know when or if it will ever be available.