What's new

VLC Now Out For iPhone

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
vlc-logo.jpg

People may know VLC as the media player that can play just about anything on your desktop. VLC was also released on the iPad and opened an easy way for people to watch their videos files that were different formats, codecs, etc. Lets face it, you love Apple, but supporting a limited amount of formats of video files just won't cut it.

Well, time to bring out the popcorn, to watch some .AVI, .MPEG, and friends on your iPhone screen. This App will play almost any format on your device instead of keeping it mostly .Mov. The App is free in the App Store for both, iPad and iPhone. VLC is currently in its 1.0 stage so there still could be a few bugs to fix but right now, it's running pretty well.

Did I mention you can transfer your videos straight through iTunes? Just pop open the "Apps" tab on your Device menu, scroll down a bit and drag your files in there under VLC. Quick, easy way to transfer.

Get it here:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vlc-media-player/id390885556?mt=8

lol sweet, i used to have vlc player in jailbreak but now we dont even need it :D this one is free to not like cineXplayer. but that was still worth the cash

not working for me. it shows up on itunes under file sharing but when i try and drag an avi file to vlc it doesnt go in. i tried several different files. any suggestions?

got it. disconnected and synced again and it worked. works good.

I wonder if its as useless as the iPad version? Seriously, I was so disappointed in the iPad version, as it never is able to play any avi/mkv/mpeg/etc file I throw at it. And I'm mad to see that they haven't updated the engine yet to fix the various issues.

I found OPlayerHD Lite and it beats the pants off of VLC.

:) you click apps on the iphone and then press add. works the same as cineXplayer there will be lots of free updates of course the first one will have a few bugs, ppl in the ratings where complaining it does not work on the iphone 3g... i bet the video quality would suck ont he 3g

I though that Apple pulled out VLC from the store for iPhone? hum... it's interesting to know that VLC is back in the store.

As of right now, it isn't available. Anybody know why?