What's new

Verizon vs ATT

kayhub

Reaction score
I have a iPhone 4 w/ATT. Lots of network problems creating lots of dropped calls and connection issues. Is Verizon any better than ATT?

I personally have had no problems with dropped calls or connections or anything like that. Depends on your area too but I've traveled a little bit and places where my friends phones had no service(they had AT&T an T-mobile) my verizon phones have always worked.

That is all dependent on you exact location. But from my experience, my son-in-law who is on AT&T and my daughter who is on Verizon, I have never had a dropped call from her but a bunch with him. They are currently in Little Rock. My coworker is on AT&T and I am on Verizon in the Dallas metroplex and we see no difference.

My understanding is in dense west and east coast cities that Verizon has better service over AT&T.

I think for the most part it just depends on your area. In our city Verizon is really good, but only 5 miles south we have a small town that sits in the middle of a real dead spot - one bar if you're lucky. This is all Ohio flatland, so it's not an issue with mountains or anything. Overall it seems that Verizon gets better ratings, but it's certainly not true everywhere.

I have a iPhone 4 w/ATT. Lots of network problems creating lots of dropped calls and connection issues. Is Verizon any better than ATT?

I think it's common knowledge that Verizon is better with connection issues but that doesn't really say much.

It's all about area and keeping your mobile capabilities updated. For example, *228 option 2 every month and *22899 every once in a while.

xedjflowx said:
I think it's common knowledge that Verizon is better with connection issues but that doesn't really say much.

It's all about area and keeping your mobile capabilities updated. For example, *228 option 2 every month and *22899 every once in a while.

Have no idea what these options mean and which carrier it applies to. Please explain.

xedjflowx said:

How do I delete messages that I posted?

In my area of Maryland, Verizon is the better of the two for service..

Verizon is way better than ATT in my opinion. I had nothing but trouble with dropped calls and the like with ATT, but with Verizon, it's been great. Soooo glad the iPhone crossed over to a good service provider.

Daryl James

Last edited:
I have Verizon. I had AT&T but got tired of the poor coverage and switched 8 years ago. I'm on the road 2-3 weeks a month, all over the country. The other guys in my office have AT&T and and when we are on the road I always have better coverage. There are several stories but are all similar to this one. We are at a conference in Las Vegas. I got a call and was talking with the guy while at my booth. I told him to call one of the other guys standing right beside me. When he got the call it was, Hold on, can you hear me now, can you hear me now, and he walked to the window so he could hear them.

When are in the conference room of our office I can talk they have to walk out into the main office.

I haven't had one case where my coverage was worse than theirs. I'm not saying I haven't had spotty coverage occasionally there are weak areas no matter which carrier you have. But, on the whole I'm much happier with verizon.

Lenny

Happily, I'm a content AT&T subscriber... no issues here.. but I know others in other areas have issues.

yeah its about location.

So if your in the Los Angeles Area, stay away from any and all ATT services. I have been stuck with them for all my life, because they control my zone, so I can't get home phone or internet from anyone else. Then the iphone was only for ATT which was just as horrible...but now there is a verizon iphone...yum.