What's new

Verizon vs ATT

Verizon is better in my area.

But that is for texing and phone calls and internet reliability.

If you have AtandT in your area, then you SHOULD have good reliability and you will have better speeds for data.

Most ppl have bad coverage for atandt though, so verizon works good for alot.

I too think it depends alot on where you live on the quality of service and coverage you receive.

I have lived here in Indy for many years and bought my first cell-phone in 1988. I don't remember the company, Cellular One and Cingular are two names that come to mind, but the service provider is now ATT. I gave that first phone number to my Sister who still has it today. I've been happy with all my carriers through the years. Perfect? No. But any issues have been minor and have always been worked out.

bc

wow, what were the calling rates in 1988?
what was the size of your phone?
how long did the battery life last?

That is awesome :camera:

accessoriesguy said:
wow, what were the calling rates in 1988?
what was the size of your phone?
how long did the battery life last?

That is awesome :camera:

If I remember correctly. It was .34 cents a minute peek time and .17 cents a minute off peek. I believe off peck was like 9pm to 6am.

Just to stay on topic I live in the Philadelphia region and travel a lot in the area. I have ATandT and have no issues. Can't vouch for Verizon in the area.

I remember the first mobile phone that I ever saw. A buddy of mine had it. It was about the size of one of these old military walkie talkies (well, maybe not quite):

$WT.jpg

When he wanted to use it he had an antenna that he had to place on top of his car and plugged into the phone. Even then it was iffy as to whether he would be able to get a signal. We all thought it was the greatest thing we'd ever seen. :D

Thing on top of the car? like in independence day?

I heard that for a while people would buy those old phones still because they could get reception like anywhere!