What's new

Verizon iPhone on PagePlus Cellular??

mkrowkis

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone here has the Verizon iPhone4 on the PagePlus Cellular network?? LoL.

I know the iPhone4 just came out on Verizon so the chances of it being on PagePlus Cellular are slim. I'll probably have to wait a month or two till someone responds to this post. I just wanted to throw and the question and see if i get any responses.

Verizon's iPhone plan starts at a reasonable price but all the sales tax starts to add to the monthly bill. PagePlus has an appealing $30 monthly plan which includes 50mb. I know 50mb isn't a whole lot but most of the time I'm around WiFi. I know I'll have to pay a lot more to get the iPhone4 out of contract but a $30 monthly as opposed to a $70 monthly + sales taxes should even things out in about 8 months... right? LoL.

Let me know what you all think.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Similar to Cricket or MetroPCS...although MetroPCS is getting much bigger

sounds like you will have to wait until they can flash the OS to that carrier. I dont know how the app store and stuff like that would work.

You can learn more about PagePlus Cellular from their website: Prepaid Cell Phone Cards | Prepaid National Cell Phones

PagePlus uses the same exact towers as Verizon Wireless so the nationwide coverage is almost the same. In fact you can use Verizon phones without flashing the phones in most cases! The App Store, email, and web should all work over WiFi but to get the phone to work on a 3g connection might entail messing with the configuration and settings of the phone.

Because PagePlus Cellular is piggy-backing off Verizon's towers, I think Verizon has some control over what phones will be allowed on the PagePlus service. I read that Blackberry phones are not supported on PagePlus Cellular. But I've also read of Palm and Droid phones on the service!

That's the reason for this post. I just wanna know if Verizon's iPhone4 works on PagePlus Cellular :)
Let me know!
Thanks!!

Hello,

I am new to this forum but I would like to contribute to the original question. I am a PagePlus authorized dealer and I would like to share the e-mail all PagePlus dealers recently received.

Dear Page Plus Dealer:

As you are probably aware, the Apple iPhone is launching on Verizon Wireless. This message is to inform you that iPhones are NOT allowed to be activated on Page Plus Cellular. There are no exceptions. Should an iPhone activate on Page Plus, it will be subject to suspension or deactivation. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

Page Plus Cellular

Hope this helps answer any questions you guys may of had.

@kurobaxkaito: AWWW, BOO! But thanks for the information.

I like how in the e-mail they used such words as "NOT allowed" and "Should an iPhone activate on Page Plus" LoL.

I'm going to guess that activating a Verizon iPhone4 on PPC is possible but because you must supply the phone's IMEI or ESN for activation the forbidden activation will be easily flagged due to the manufacturer code of the IMEI or ESN. Resulting in the suspension or deactivation of the account :-(

Guess now I'm just hope that in the future (maybe when iPhone 5 comes out) this ban will be lifted!
-sigh-

Word from an exec at Page Plus is no Verizon iphones allowed. They also ban Blackberries. That's their decision, not Verizon.

There are a couple of other Verizon mvno/reseller networks that may allow the iphone but there are stipulations.

Siri wireless. Runs on Verizon postpaid coverage network. Has data. May allow it by April or May.

H20 Cdma. Only has talk/text/mms paygo. No data at this time. The folks there don't know if it will work or not. No one's tried it.

Verizon prepaid is also out. They do allow it on month to month on the no contract postpaid side.

Page Plus has had other phone bans before. Notably, Palm devices were banned (but reallowed eventually) due to billing issues. And Verizon prepaid devices were banned (by Verizon , on all other mvnos too).

The iphone may be allowed once the i5 comes out. But who knows.

Last edited:
Just wondering if anyone here has the Verizon iPhone4 on the PagePlus Cellular network?? LoL.

I know the iPhone4 just came out on Verizon so the chances of it being on PagePlus Cellular are slim. I'll probably have to wait a month or two till someone responds to this post. I just wanted to throw and the question and see if i get any responses.

Verizon's iPhone plan starts at a reasonable price but all the sales tax starts to add to the monthly bill. PagePlus has an appealing $30 monthly plan which includes 50mb. I know 50mb isn't a whole lot but most of the time I'm around WiFi. I know I'll have to pay a lot more to get the iPhone4 out of contract but a $30 monthly as opposed to a $70 monthly + sales taxes should even things out in about 8 months... right? LoL.

Let me know what you all think.
Thanks!
I got an iphone 4 from verizn active on pageplus 45dolr plan ..web suks but got wifi so its nt bad for now..guy at the store jus tried it out for me an sumhow gOt me a number but could not program it..so i did it myself aftr a whole night of research on the pc and it works fine fOr now..if they do cancel me oh wel im goin to another provider w a data network..20 or even 100mb is nothin for me with a phone like ths So thx god for wifi..i am glued to it in bed rite nw w my girlfriend screamin into my ear y im up stil..cheeers

@Mo85star: How long have you had your iPhone4 on PagePlus?!

When I was inquiring, the PagePlus dealers I was contacting were all afraid of the warning issued by the main office of PagePlus, stating that an iPhone4 on their network was "not allowed" and subsequent action would be taken. Perhaps due to the lack luster sales of the Verizon iPhone4, PagePlus has now allowed the iPhone4. Do you now of anyone else that has it on the PagePlus network??!

I have had it for a week now..I have ben told that i might be the first one in this city tht has an iphone 4 active on p+ ..unlimited minutes, and texting for now no mms but thers an app for evrythng..it kind of hapened on accident i wanted to activate it to criket that didnt work yet the flasher told me but i wonder if thts even true cuz he obv couldnt gt this phone programed and i had to do it..tht mite be my nxt try tho..gta keep on pushin

Congrats dude on getting the Verizon iPhone4 to work on PPC. Hope things fly under the radar for you, heheee. You're the first person I ran into that has it on PPC!

For your MMS and data situation, have you tried downloading the app TetherMe from the Cydia Store ($2)? I believe it will give you access to APN settings for data access. You then have to look up the settings for MMS.

just trying to help ya :)

Hey thx alot for ur help..i did get tht tether me app but cnt figure out how to set it up..does it give you like free internet or wat..it tels me to call verizon or go to their website to enable tethering..if u knw more itd be apreciated thx

I don't have an iPhone on PPC but want to try to help ya :)

Came across this. Hope it helps. Let me know:

Verizon 1
Gateway IP: 12.168.70.74
Port: 9201

Verizon 2
Gateway IP: 153.114.115.100
Port 9203

Verizon 3
APN: No configuration needed
Username for APN: No configuration needed
Password for APN: No configuration needed
WAP Gateway IP: 153.114.115.100
WAP Gateway Port: 9203

Hello!

I currently got an iPhone 4 Verizon (clean ESN) and I want to flash it to work with PagePlus. I was told it could happen and work okay. Anyone using an iPhone with pageplus currently? Do you like it?

Thanks! =]