What's new

Verizon iPhone 4 on Sprint?

mchunu

Reaction score
Being as though Sprint will begin selling the iPhone 4 in addition to the 4s, does anyone think it will be possible to purchase a Verizon iPhone 4 from Ebay, Craig's list, etc. and activate it on Sprint without having to renew your contract?

That won't work. There phones won't work on sprints network unfortunately. Since sprint took away my upgrade I've been tossing around what to do to without shelling out full price for a new iPhone! My phones basically a brick that I hate using so I really don't want to wait til next aug to switch phones. Any suggestions anyone?

There are going to be people out there that buy the iPhone and turn around in a couple of months and sell them for what ever reason. Most are going to sell for $200 and above so you can either wait till then or swallow the pill and pay full retail. Chances are you will do better on eBay or Craigslist in a few months.

That's true. I guess that's better than going to the dark side (Android) huh?

Idad..Verizon phones DO work on Sprints network and vice versa. They use the same exact technology. Sprint just wouldn't previously activateVerizon IPhones because sprint didn't have the esn numbers of IPhones in it's system. My evo roams on Verizon network all the time. In fact sometimes if u call me when i'm roaming and I don't answer people get the Verizon unavailable prompt.

The same iPhone 4 that Verizon uses will be the same one sprint uses and the iPhone 4s will be the same phone all three carriers use.

As far as I know they can flash the Verizon iPhones in order to work with Sprint. Like mchunu said, they use the same technology, CDMA is CDMA no matter who is providing it.

That is awesome news! So I can pick up a used Verizon iPhone to tide me over til upgrade time next year! Sweet!

Jmills87 said:
As far as I know they can flash the Verizon iPhones in order to work with Sprint. Like mchunu said, they use the same technology, CDMA is CDMA no matter who is providing it.

Plus one. That's great news. When I decide to update to the 4s. I'll flash it over to sprint so my wife can upgrade from her moto razr.

I assume everyone knows by now, but just in case... A Verizon iPhone 4 CANNOT be used on the Sprint network. I tried to do it in Sunday and was told (by various sprint employees) over and over that they could not do that. It did sound like this was for the iPhone 4, that maybe things are different for the 4s - but I am speculating there.

Take care,
Rob

Supahrob said:
I assume everyone knows by now, but just in case... A Verizon iPhone 4 CANNOT be used on the Sprint network. I tried to do it in Sunday and was told (by various sprint employees) over and over that they could not do that. It did sound like this was for the iPhone 4, that maybe things are different for the 4s - but I am speculating there.

Take care,
Rob

Leave it to a tech nerd and not a sprint employee who has little to no knowledge of how to bypass restrictions.

Keep hope alive I guess - but I like to think of myself as a pretty major tech nerd, and the obstacles you would have to overcome to get a vzw phone on sprint are significant.

I'd bet real money it will never happen though.

Take care,
Rob

Supahrob said:
Keep hope alive I guess - but I like to think of myself as a pretty major tech nerd, and the obstacles you would have to overcome to get a vzw phone on sprint are significant.

I'd bet real money it will never happen though.

Take care,
Rob

Yeah. Probably wouldn't but it wouldn't matter anyway

I work for Sprint. It is possible to have a vzw phone on Sprint however, because of restrictions you will only be able to use voice and text. No data would be available because on CDMA, the device has to be locked to that network to use its data.