What's new

Bought iphone through craigslist, question.

Mr.Mischief said:

Craigslist killer (and a few incidents after that), might get ripped off, etc. etc. etc. Not worth the hassle to me.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.0.1 Update From NYC iPF.net

Craigslist killer (and a few incidents after that), might get ripped off, etc. etc. etc. Not worth the hassle to me.

I do a lot of deals on craigslist. But i pick who i want to sell to. I talk to them on the phone first to get a feel of them. If they sound like druggys then i dont meet them and i def meet at public crowded places.

Lol, just don't invite anyone to your house at night. Meet in a public place and you'll be fine. I always meet at a fairly busy McDonalds.

Mr.Mischief said:
Lol, just don't invite anyone to your house at night. Meet in a public place and you'll be fine. I always meet at a fairly busy McDonalds.

Too much work lol! N

tlbaker said:
I don't trust Craigslist. Not safe.

Neither do I. In its beginning yes. But now no. I make many of my purchased on eBay.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

Mr.Mischief said:

Meet maybe yes and no. There was someone that advertised for help to work for him around his house.

For some crazy reason he advertiser killed the person that showed up for the job.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

maka said:
Why are people talking about sim cards on here??!?! Most likely it has a bad ESN and cannot be activated. The most you can do is sell the phone on eBay which you Gould get close to what you paid if you didn't over pay, or on eBay their is a service for iPhones. For about $80 you send them your bad ESN phone and they will send you a clean one back. There are so many people getting screwed on Craigslist it's not funny. Sorry to hear you are one of them.

Was just thinking that if the SIM card on the old phone was swapped out with his and his # that it would have cleared the problem. When my old firs gen iPhone bricked on me I was able to use my friends old 3g by swapping out the s cards and doing a factory wipe. OP did not mention anything about the ESN being involved.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using iPF.net

OneMarcil said:
Meet maybe yes and no. There was someone that advertised for help to work for him around his house.

For some crazy reason he advertiser killed the person that showed up for the job.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

OMG!!! See, I told you!!! :O

I do a lot of selling and trading of RC stuff on CL and never had an issue, but use common sense and meet in a public place, or in the case of cell phones I would meet at your local sprint store (or apple store) so they can make sure it is legit. With that said I would not do any CL deal that requires you to mail anything. There is no support for that like there is on eBay.