What's new

Var/stash problem after using jailbreakme

Kilo

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've recently used jailbreakme.com to jailbreak my iPhone 4 on 4.3.3 - it seems to have worked okay - I've got cydia and am able to download packages etc.

However I've just downloaded iFile and have noticed that my var/stash folder is completely empty!?

Does this mean the JB hasn't worked correctly? Does anyone know any fixes?

Thanks in advance

Ive got the same problem, on my phone, 4.3.3, that I jailbroke with sn0wbreeze I can ssh into the phone and everything is normal, however on my sisters phone which i used jbme the private/var/stash folder is empty

any suggestions?

Stash should be empty until you install things, such as Winterboard and some Themes which use that folder...

Try installing Winterboard then have a look...

f4780y said:
Stash should be empty until you install things, such as Winterboard and some Themes which use that folder...

Try installing Winterboard then have a look...

Sorry for the late reply, i installed winterboard and now i can see a themes folder, what im trying to do is ssh some ringtones into the phone but i cant see a ringtones folder

iRager said:
Sorry for the late reply, i installed winterboard and now i can see a themes folder, what im trying to do is ssh some ringtones into the phone but i cant see a ringtones folder

Should be var/mobile/media/iTunes control/

Well, as iCrank pointed out, ringtones have nothing to do with the themes folder at all.

Wouldn't it just be simpler to sync them across with iTunes? It has a specific ringtones section.
You can't just drop any old sound file you like onto the phone and make it a ringtone...

Last edited:

Well, as iCrank pointed out, ringtones have nothing to do with the themes folder at all.

Wouldn't it just be simpler to sync them across with iTunes? It has a specific ringtones section.
You can't just drop any old sound file you like onto the phone and make it a ringtone...

But you can convert a mp3 into a m4r and drag and drop it into the ringtone folder and it will then show up in ringtone section under settings. So that in stash you should be able to see these folders as on this screenshot:
7b7980a0-2a28-25ec.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
f4780y said:
I convert them to m4r first, through itunes you can only choose 30 secs from the ringtone whereas if i ssh i can use the whole thing. It works perfectly on my iphone just my sisters has the issues.

bab2010 said:
But you can convert a mp3 into a m4r and drag and drop it into the ringtone folder and it will then show up in ringtone section under settings. So that in stash you should be able to see these folders as on this screenshot:
The only issue is that i cant see any ringtones folder.

Im gonna try syncing a ringtone with itunes and maybe this will show the ringtone folder when i ssh into it.

iRager said:
I convert them to m4r first, through itunes you can only choose 30 secs from the ringtone whereas if i ssh i can use the whole thing. It works perfectly on my iphone just my sisters has the issues.

The only issue is that i cant see any ringtones folder.

Im gonna try syncing a ringtone with itunes and maybe this will show the ringtone folder when i ssh into it.

Well, as always, details help. It didn't appear you knew what you were up to at all from your first post.

Simple solution. Sync 1 ringtone across from iTunes. Doesn't matter what. That will create the folder. Then convert and SSH to your hearts content.

hey i have an iphone 4 that is on 4.3.3 that i recently just jail broken and i was wondering what do i do now to unlock it? thanks!