What's new

Battery after jailbreak question

jockmcd

Reaction score
Im new to the iphone and have to say i love it only thing is ive recently got a brand new iphone4 and kept it on 4.3.3 from shop out of the box used jailbreakme to install cydia and i feel like my battery life is extremely poor , as i say i am new to it and didnt know what battery life was like before i jailbroke , for exmple i went to work tody 83% charged came back 55% didnt even use it ? I have turned of 3g and gps stuff etc , is the battery really this poor or is there any reports of batteries not lasting as long as they should after 4.3.3 jailbreakme ?

Right guys also just winterboard kills battery life so could it be winterboard or the jailbreak ? Also i have installed a theme through winterboardvif wb is the problem will i need to remove my theme and all wb stuff before removal of wb itself offcourse that is if you confirm wb drains battery

Also in winterboard i have summerboard turned on which gives me see through icons on my homepage

I've been seeing issues with the 4.3.3 battery. As long as you turn off push notifications(fetch manually less often) wifi, location, bluetooth, auto brightness on and below 50% and close out apps when not in use. You should be fine. Some themes seem to draw more battery out but I wouldn't know exactly because I only used Dreamboard and I know the themes That I installed were battery hogs. Jail breaking shouldn't cause a significant lost in battery life. Check your settings

like crank said, turn off all push,wifi and so on and your battery will pretty much go all day

How do i close out apps when npt in use ? How do i make sure they aint running in the background ?

How do i close out apps when npt in use ? How do i make sure they aint running in the background ?

Double press the home button, then you will see the multitasking bar down of the screen, inside the multitasking bar are all apps which you haven't close. To close them completely, tap hold any of those apps you see in the multitasking bar until they start wiggling, then you will see a red minus sign on top left of each apps, tap on that sign to completely close the apps.

Nice 1 great advice , thanks for that tip

Bab that has helped my battery amazingly , my son has a 3g 8 gb one of the first ones it dosent do the home button twice thing , is that correct ? Tell you what but mate that has helped such a lot battery has been so much better today

No, multitasking is not a stock feature on the iPhone3G, so your son won't be able to do that...

So themes do burn battery time? Have Elite pro and didn't seem to burn battery life but now battery is down past 80% right after an all night charge and just leaving house. Is there an sbs settings toggle for location services? Maybe I'll try turning location off but use it often. How do you change to no push manual check and will you still get SMS?

Themes per se do not burn battery. Badly written HTML and javascript based themes do. If a theme has been poorly designed to constantly update a widget, such as a clock or weather element, it can burn through battery. That's not to say ALL widgets do this. Just badly designed ones... Most recent / modern / well established themes are well designed and do not exhibit any significant additional battery drain.

Last edited:
Im new to the iphone and have to say i love it only thing is ive recently got a brand new iphone4 and kept it on 4.3.3 from shop out of the box used jailbreakme to install cydia and i feel like my battery life is extremely poor , as i say i am new to it and didnt know what battery life was like before i jailbroke , for exmple i went to work tody 83% charged came back 55% didnt even use it ? I have turned of 3g and gps stuff etc , is the battery really this poor or is there any reports of batteries not lasting as long as they should after 4.3.3 jailbreakme ?
Like the otheres said, check the settings they mentioned and remove some themes or WB itself, but in all honesty I think 4.3.3 is just a battery draining iOS. I have gone through 5 iPod touch 4G's and and 4 of them came with 4.3.3 installed and all 4 had poor battery. sometimes its really bad. 4.3.3 is just not a very good iOS in more than one aspect(animation lag,battery drain). I mean just type in "4.3.3 battery drain" in google and you will find that maybe one out of 10-15 people had okay battery life on 4.3.3. all you find is a lot of complaints. You could try taking to apple store for exchange, it might come with new iOS and might also come with an shsh blob saved so you can downgrade it. Of coarse it might also come with 4.3.5 and no shsh. just a risk ur gonna have to decide on taking. I tried many times before and only got a lower iOS once. the first one i got 4.2.1, but had hardware problems then 4.3.3 after that,