What's new

Use my Iphone 4s on more than once computer?

nh3518

Reaction score
I have multiple computer I wanted to know if I could get music from both computers? I have a laptop with some music and a desktop with some music? Is there any of getting music from one another without erasing any of it?

nh.... I beleive the answer is yes. You simply have to "authorize" all your computers for your particular iPhone (in the tabs options on top within iTunes) and each computer then will treat your iPhone individually. I have 3 computers that have 2 iPhones authorized, and all is well. If anyone here disagrees, please chime in!!!

Yes you can sync up to 5 computer iTunes with your iPhone, what I'm not really certain about is if iTunes on computer 2 will agree not erasing your music present in your iPhone before syncing in music. What I have experience was that despite the fact that I have authorized iTunes to recognize your iPhone, it will erase all the music from your iPhone before syncing new musics, unless I'm syncing apps books, pictures and have the music tap uncheck then the music in my iPhone will remain unchanged.

Last edited:
Several years ago my son gave me his first generation iTouch. When I synced it to my computer, all content was erased. He had Mac, I had Windows. I think it is best to only sync your phone with one computer.
Use a memory stick to move the music you want over to that computer.

As bab2010 said you can sync up to 5 computer iTunes with your iPhone. But be sure that those 5 computers have identical iTunes library or content.