What's new

How to change default computer for Iphone?

Jasonblln415

Reaction score
Hey everyone, one of our old Macs crashed and it was the default computer where my dad would use his iphone 3g to update it and download music, etc. Well I tried updating on my laptop but it said it would delete all media (music, videos, and photos). Is there anyway I can switch it without losing his music and photos?

1 Plug your iPhone into your computer. Insert the USB connector cord into the bottom of the iPhone and plug the other end into an available USB slot. 2 Open iTunes. Click "Store" at the top of the menu and select "Authorize Computer" from the drop-down menu. 3 Type in your Apple ID and password, then click the "Authorize" button. 4 Click the iPhone icon located under the "Devices" section in iTunes. Right click the icon and select "Backup" from the pop-up menu. 5 Click the "Restore" button in iTunes. iTunes will restore your device back to its original factory settings and sync with your computer's iTunes library.

1 Plug your iPhone into your computer. Insert the USB connector cord into the bottom of the iPhone and plug the other end into an available USB slot. 2 Open iTunes. Click "Store" at the top of the menu and select "Authorize Computer" from the drop-down menu. 3 Type in your Apple ID and password, then click the "Authorize" button. 4 Click the iPhone icon located under the "Devices" section in iTunes. Right click the icon and select "Backup" from the pop-up menu. 5 Click the "Restore" button in iTunes. iTunes will restore your device back to its original factory settings and sync with your computer's iTunes library.

He will lose the musics with this process. iTunes doesn't backup musics from iDevice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey everyone, one of our old Macs crashed and it was the default computer where my dad would use his iphone 3g to update it and download music, etc. Well I tried updating on my laptop but it said it would delete all media (music, videos, and photos). Is there anyway I can switch it without losing his music and photos?

When you plug in your phone to your computer, go to the disc area like "my computer" in windows computer, and u will see your iDevice there. Double clic to open open open and there are your camera roll pictures, you can copy them to a folder in your computer, as for the songs, u will need to download a 3rd party software to to be able to ssh into your phone and manually copy out your music from your device to a folder in your computer.

Ok i do not know a lot about Mac. I hope people who deal on iphone connected with mac will find this thread and be able to help you out. Mainwhile, you can do some google about your issue to see what it gives.

Ok i do not know a lot about Mac. I hope people who deal on iphone connected with mac will find this thread and be able to help you out. Mainwhile, you can do some google about your issue to see what it gives.

Good idea.