What's new

Upgrade? Maybe trade my Droid razr hd maxx in?

codysanborn

Reaction score
I've had a droid x since the iPhone 4 came out. Got my upgrade and picked up the droid razr maxx hd since my nexus 7 has been great.
I really like the phone the camera is terrihle but the battery life is crazy!!

I just got it in the mail. I really like the microphone button you hit that will type what you say. And a game that's addicting hillclimb racer.

That being said cant I call Verizon and have them send me a iPhone so I can compare them and send one back?

Does the i5 have a button that types what you say in a message or email?
How's the battery life compared to the iPhone 4?

Not certain about Verizon sending you an iPhone 5 "just to try out..." then send them one or the other back.

Yes, there is a "microphone" icon on the virtual keyboard to the left of your space bar that allows talk to text for texting, email, notes, etc.

Is it rather accurate? My maxx I can say tap the microphone from homepage and say "text mike" box pops up and I say "what's up man" ("period".) what are you doing tonight(question mark)
And it's perfect every time.

Is there a way to do that? Or do you have to use Siri? My 4 on ios6 doesn't have Siri so I don't know

Is it rather accurate? My maxx I can say tap the microphone from homepage and say "text mike" box pops up and I say "what's up man" ("period".) what are you doing tonight(question mark)
And it's perfect every time.

Is there a way to do that? Or do you have to use Siri? My 4 on ios6 doesn't have Siri so I don't know
It's pretty accurate for me... I'd say about 95%. If you're sitting at the iP5 home screen... you'll activate Siri from a short hold of the home button. Then do the same as you stated above... "Text whoever"... Siri will bring up who you're texting then propt you for what you want to say. If you're physically in your text, emal, notes, etc. apps... there's a little microphone icon next to the space bar.

Sweet thanks Thomas.
Ill ca Verizon and ask if they'll send one out.
I have 14 days to exchange they said

I've had a droid x since the iPhone 4 came out. Got my upgrade and picked up the droid razr maxx hd since my nexus 7 has been great.
I really like the phone the camera is terrihle but the battery life is crazy!!

I just got it in the mail. I really like the microphone button you hit that will type what you say. And a game that's addicting hillclimb racer.

That being said cant I call Verizon and have them send me a iPhone so I can compare them and send one back?

Does the i5 have a button that types what you say in a message or email?
How's the battery life compared to the iPhone 4?

You could always visit a carrier and play with a display model phone, that's how I got hooked ( I was on the Evo 4G and dumped android a day after buying the iPhone ).

Last edited:
Yeah but I could get 2-3 days maybe if they send the iPhone ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I seriously doubt that they will allow both phones out at the same time without buying both. The best advice you got was to go to the carrier and play with them there.

I seriously doubt that they will allow both phones out at the same time without buying both. The best advice you got was to go to the carrier and play with them there.

I did mine via 1-800 number. Less traffic and no 50min drive.

They said send my RAZR back and they will have a iPhone 5 to me on the 16th