What's new

A week in the life of an Android user.

Appleaday

Reaction score
Just thought I'd share this little adventure...........
I use an iPhone 4s here in Canada, been using iPhone since ditching my Blackberry 2 years ago, I travel extensively in the United States and have a Droid Razr Maxx (got it free) on Verizon in the states. I can say the phone is quite exceptional and the battery life is something that the iPhone should strive to duplicate.
Last week there was information online that the Maxx was going to be updated this week to ICS Android 4.0, I was thinking this is great news so I signed up on the Motorola forums to learn more, while on the forums I learned that I could sign up to be a tester for a pre-release of the new operating system, I signed up for this and was sent an invitation to participate in their "soaktest" after receiving the e-mail and following the links to the "private" forum I along with many others were then told it was not ICS Android 4.0 but just an update to a newer version of Gingerbread 2.3 but that is even delayed, no update at all so far. WOW many pissed off Motorola and Verizon customers who were actually expecting this update OTA on April 4th, no comment or explanation as to what happened or when to expect the actual update, what a mess.

I don't want to sound like an Apple fanboy but this further emphasizes how fantastic our products are and another reason why we buy them, not just the hardware but also the software,customer service and support that is available.

Last edited: