What's new

Unwanted (and not writen by me) text in Notes in contacts

Hilmar

Reaction score
Hello, I seriously hope you can help me ... I have a problem understanding something that has happened in my contacts. Some of my contacts have notes that I DID NOT WRITE ... one says some mumbo jumbo (an incoherent sequence of letters, numbers and symbols ... one says "Is a contact for Ted and Sam" (a project i worked on a long time ago and didnt have the phone i have now at the time) which is strange as I live and work in Denmark and "Is a contact for ..." is plainly english.

The third and most disturbing is a note saying "I love you so much fun and" ... !!! wtf !!!

I did not write any of these notes ... the note saying "I love you...." is not even something that could have come from an email or text message ... as I have never written that to the person in question, also the sentence is not complete or something that makes no sense as it seems to be two sentences combined into one. But that is not the strange thing.

The strange thing is the fact that none of these notes I wrote !!! And I am very upset, and have an even more upset girlfriend, one that does not take this lightly ... as neither would I were I in here shoes !

Can anyone help me figure this out ... as google has been a bust !

Thanks

Forgot to add that English is not my native language ... so the language of the note doesn't make sense to me either. Where can it have come from ?

Forgot to add that English is not my native language ... so the language of the note doesn't make sense to me either. Where can it have come from ?

Are the contacts familiar? Do you share an iCloud account with anyone?

Are the contacts in question Gmail contacts or iCloud contacts? Or other?

Thanks for the quick reply !

the one that says "A contact for..." is a Gmail account, the other two are sent to me by another iphone user as shared contacts ...

I am a total novice when it comes to iphone and icloud, but I havn't set up any iCloud services at all. Don't know if they are just standard on iPhone, without any setup needed from the user (me).

Plus, this phone is a "lender" ... an old one I borrowed from my former boss ... was aparently used as a backup phone, in case someone needed a phone for a short period. so it has had multiple users.

But it has been wiped between users.

Are the contacts familiar? Do you share an iCloud account with anyone?

Yes, they are ... but this doesn't make sense to me !

And the phone has had multiple users so i don't know about the iCloud thing ... I havn't set it up for myself at least.

If it has been wiped correctly, there shouldn't be any information of former users on it. Neither contacts nor anything else.
Are the contacts on this iPhone only the ones you need, or are there other contacts as well?

My phone had a bad touch screen and typed jibberish all over the place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk