What's new

Note and iOS problems on my iPhone 3GS

muskabulldog

Reaction score
Hi, I have had a few problems with my iPhone. I only synchronize my iPhone every once and a while, (maybe once every few months) and I'm still not too familiar with iTunes. I understand the basics though. This is the first problem: I use my 'Notes' app a lot; Mostly writing stuff down like lists and reminders. I had added a lot to my notes, and the next time I synchronized my phone, I lost a lot of the notes I added, and gained a lot of the notes I had deleted. iTunes told me there were some conflicts with the notes, but I didn't really know what that meant. Since then, I have added some notes, but I REALLY want to get my lost notes back. I wouldn't mind just getting my old notes back and copying my new ones to my recovered ones. I also let my friend use some of my apps and songs for his iPhone from my iTunes, but in the process, I accidentally got a lot of his apps and contacts the next time I synchronized my iPhone. I would like to also get rid of those, but every time I synchronize my iPhone, I get them all back again.

The next problem I have is that every time I try to update the software for my iPhone, I wait a little bit and get a message that says "The iPhone software update server could not be contacted. Make sure your network settings are correct and your network connection is active, or try again later." I have no idea what that means, but I'm just upset that I can't update my iPhone. I haven't updated it in a while. It is currently version 4.3.5 (Which I am pretty sure is a far outdated version)

Overall I am sort of scared to synchronize my iPhone because I'm worried that I will either lose some of my notes and stuff, or gain some of my friends stuff again. I know my old notes have to be there somewhere, and I really hope there is a way to stop getting my friend's stuff every time I synchronize my iPhone.

Thank you guys,
Reed