What's new

Glitch with "Notes" or nomal?

xrayeyes

Reaction score
So, this is really weird and now I am on a quest to find out how "Notes" works. Originally I had "Notes" turned on with my Yahoo account. I didn't pay attention to it one way or the other, because I didn't think it would matter. The other day several, but not all of my saved notes disappeared. Poof! After googling I found the solution to find my notes in my Yahoo account on my account on my pc, and they were there. (there is no "Notes" folder on my Yahoo account on my iPhone). I then turned off "Notes" in Yahoo thinking it would only cease syncing. But, what it did was totally turn off my notes and made all of my saved notes disappear again. And this time they did not sync. Once I turned Yahoo notes back on my notes reappeared on the phone.

I really don't even want to sync my notes with my accounts, I just want to save them to my phone for easy access. Any ideas? Is this normal, or a glitch with Yahoo, or the phone? Do I have to have my notes associated with an account?

Last edited:
Well, I just discovered one part of my question. You can turn off all "Notes" associated with any email accounts, and they will only be associated with the phone. But once I did that my previous notes all disappeared because apparently they were associated with my Yahoo account. Still does not explain why those notes disappeared, but at least I found them.

Thanks for your post on this problem! I just had a similar problem with losing notes. I deleted google mail from my iphone and several notes disappeared. When I put google mail back on my iphone, the notes reappeared. I also don't understand why, but I too am glad to get my notes back.

When you say you found the missing notes on your Yahoo account on your pc, where exactly did you look to find them? I have got a missing note I would love to recover. Thanks.

In the left column, look under "Folders". Then subfolder "notes". At least that's where it is for my account.

OMG, I can't believe I never saw that folder. TY so much. For some reason only 1 not went missing and that was the one I really needed. And its there.