What's new

Memory problem! Please help me

duduhead96

Reaction score
Hi guys! :)
I have iPhone 4 (16GB) and one big PROBLEM: I open Settings>General>About and then it says that I have 500 MB on the phone BUT its not true!!! I deleted 10 of my films and nothing changed! (1film=200mb-500mb) And the strange thing is that for the first time iTunes is telling me the truth (3.1 GB FREE!!!) WTF!!!
It still says that and when i try to download anything on my iPhone it says that i have to delete something cuz I have no free space on the phone which is NOT true :(
PLS i need help fast cuz I can't do anything... ;(

Last edited:
Fastest and probably easiest way to fix this is to backup the phone with iTunes and then tell iTunes to restore the phone. It will do a full cleanup of the file allocation table and remove any crash logs, old data and other files that might be taking up space you no longer need.

I think it's not working...
Any other ideas???
I hate when something is wrong with my phone...

I am having the strange feeling that my iphone is thinking that there is 3GB used (but they have to be free...) and that is why i don't have enough free space... grrr...
I don't know what to do so I will wait for your ideas :)

It seems like its the only way...

Sadly yes. Everything have been done and without any avail. Also, I'm afraid you will have to throw away your recents backup files because they must all be corrupted already, so if you factory restore and restore those backups, they memory issue might be back into the iOS. Good luck.

Thank you very much!!! It's ok now after hours of downloading (apps and other things) THANK YOU!!!

This is the best forum in the world!!! I got great answers very fast and i got my phone back to normal for a little time :) THANK YOU GUYS!!! you are the best :)

I boughts a 16gb micro sd and kit to fit it inside fone its brilliant and easy