What's new

Texting issues

mardanros

Reaction score
I just upgraded my iPhone 4 from Verizon to an iPhone 4S with AT&T. I've only had the phone for about one month. When I try texting people I get a weird error message. The only way to fix it, according to the AT&T guy, is to reset the phone and re-put the number and contact in.

As you can imagine this gets very annoying and frustrating after a while. Long story short I went to the Apple Store The Apple technician basically reset my whole phone and made it brand-new again.

Has anyone with AT&T or any other type of service ever experienced this problem? If so what was the fix? The person I spoke to on the phone at AppleCare stated that the phone was defective and I needed a new one. She basically took out the software and reloaded or did something like that and she stated that it was definitely was not the software.

I have not tried putting in a new contact yet but I'm almost positive that I'm going to have the same problem.

I am sorry for the length of this post but basically all I'm asking is if anyone else has had this problem and what the solution to it was.

PS. I forgot to write this but it is probably important, the person that I was texting that could not receive my text, was able to text me.

Last edited: