What's new

Texting issues

Cnewth

Reaction score
Ok so I understand the email thing with iMessage. That's not my issue. My wife and I both have the 4s. We share the iTunes account. Anyways today I replied to a text and it came up on her phone as her name as if she sent it to herself. Even though I sent the message is started a new message under her personal contact name. Then tonight she sent herself a text from her phone to her phone. The message showed up on my phone also under her name as if she had sent it to me. Then when she replied to her own message I also recieved that message also. So I'm obviously wondering why this is. She is also wondering why this is. Somebody out there has to have a solution to this problem.

For iMessage you can have it sent to your phone specifically and not the iTunes account that is used to activate iMessage with. Just go to settings, messages, receive at, and take the apple id or iTunes account off so the iMessage is sent to the iPhone only. not the iTunes account which is active on both of your iPhones.