What's new

Need help backing up iPhone Contacts, Messages & Notes --- Having Major Issues!!

wonderboy

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I can't backup through itunes because it's not synced and wants to erase my phone.

I have all my photos, videos, voice recordings and my ringtone on my PC hard drive. I have also backed up my apps on itunes (or at least I'm asuming thay are safe) as it gave me the option and now they appear in itunes as icons in the app section?

The thing I really need help with is getting my contacts, notes and messages off the phone. I can access the folders of my iphone so I was hoping I could just manually copy them to my hard drive?

If this is then possible I am hoping I can let itunes erase my phone and update with iOS5 and then copy everything back onto the phone. Will this work?

Also I am having trouble keeping my conection with my iPhone.Whenever I try to browse folders on it or use any type of back up software (like Touchcopy or iPad File Explorer) it just keeps disconecting or hanging. But I should still be able to get to the files I need.

This is one of the main reasons I am wiping my phone. I have struggled for countless hours to fix this problem and I think there is something terribly wrong with the software on my phone and I am hoping this will fix it.

Anyone else know about these issues??

Thanks!

Hello Wonderboy, sorry about your inconvenience. A quick fix to this is to uninstall your iTunes application and then fresh install its latest version which you can download from Apple's official website and try it again. If it does not fixes and you are having the same issue again then it is the time to use the professional iPhone backup software that can backup, sms, photos, videos, audios and all other files that you have stored on your computer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonderboy, I hope you have luck with your synch problems. I'm assuming that since you have everything backed up on the hard drive that all will be fine. I found the trick on my version 4.1 is to set iTunes NOT to synch automatically when connecting, and just go manual for everything. Of course, your device is much different from mine, so.....