What's new

Unltrasn0w is Growing!

Gregoris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Those of you who follow @MuscleNerd or @planetbeing on Twitter probably already know that the team has had a series of successes with the carrier unlock on iPhone4 (#1, #2, #3, #4, #5-video). We’re fine-tuning the payload to make it as quick to load as possible (and making sure it remains crash-free of course!).

As usual before a public release, there are lots of fake Twitter and Facebook accounts trying to capitalize on the public’s eagerness to get the unlock. For those who only want to know when it’s released, either of these two official accounts will do. All other variations of these account names are fake!

@ultrasn0w

@iphone_dev

If you want to be kept up to date on progress as it’s being made, you can also follow:

@planetbeing

@MuscleNerd

And of course, our comment section below is a great place to ask general questions! There are lots of knowledgeable people able to respond, including our great moderators @confuciousmobil and @angiexpangie

P.S. If you want to help prevent more people from being fooled by the fake accounts, here are a few examples of them: fake#1 fake#2 fake#3 fake#4 fake#5. Feel free to tweet them, so that others following them realize they’re fake.

taken from here..

Dev-Team Blog

If not for george hotz, Geohotz we would already have a IP4 jailbreak but he decided he didnt want to play ball anymore. As far as what Muscleneard and planetbeing are doing, well I do appeciate there work, and they will release a break but my question is when? This is the longest it has taken for a release of JB or UL for any Iphone?
some say they are waiting for the 4.1 firmware update (not the 4.0.1) but the actual
4.1 as this may kill any jailbreak/unlocks released, So with Apple waiting for the release of a JB/Carrier UL from dev team, and dev team waiting for apple to release 4.1 It could be some time!!!

no for the 3g it took months, the 3gs was very quick though, and i have no idea about the 2007 iphone but the 3g took agessss

and if its actually 4.1 they are waiting for it will be agesssss i mean 4.0.2? then 4.1 i think? and seeing they just released a firmware? though with earlier firmwares they have released firmwares quickly within a few weeks. unless the dev team are expecting a 4.1 soon? last time they did that and then some one just released it early and dev team where not happy but i guess this time no one else is doing that

Last edited:
I think Comex is doing a Spirit jb in a couple of weeks, maybe two or three.

Comex said on twitter that he was not going to wait for 4.1 update and have your shsh files saved which to me meant he was ready to release the JB/UL, but nothing as of yet...

http://twitter.com/comex comex

I'm not waiting for 4.1 so I hope everyone has SHSH blobs saved. :p 3:18 PM Jul 20th via web Retweeted by you and 100+ others

Hi guys, seems that you all are really skilled on this matter.
I've just taken a UK locked phone on ebay, and I wish to know if there are ways to unlock it, and how.
I've tried the Unlock iPhone 3G/3Gs/2G 4.0 or 3.1.3 and iPhone 4 in 5 Minutes Online Easy Solution and I'm waiting for their support to answer...
What do you think? Will I be able to unlock my Iphone4? I'm asking for suggestions, advices, help, courage and nice words... please...

yes they did say they will wait for 4.1 so the unlock will work and they dont close the hole, unless apple find it any way and lock it before they release anything, that would be funny if that happened

I've just taken a UK locked phone on ebay, and I wish to know if there are ways to unlock it, and how.
I've tried the Unlock iPhone 3G/3Gs/2G 4.0 or 3.1.3 and iPhone 4 in 5 Minutes Online Easy Solution and I'm waiting for their support to answer...
What do you think? Will I be able to unlock my Iphone4? I'm asking for suggestions, advices, help, courage and nice words... please...

That site is Unlock the iphone usa, It cannot work on your iphone 4!!! Nor can any of the other pay sites... They will take your money and have you wait as they are using the same jailbreak, unlock that will be released by the Dev team for free....

yes they did say they will wait for 4.1 so the unlock will work and they dont close the hole, unless apple find it any way and lock it before they release anything, that would be funny if that happened

I just posted exactly what Comex and the Dev team twittered!
They are not waiting for the release of 4.1, they are going live with
the release as soon as they get the user interface working.

I am sure apple will find a way to close the hole used by the Dev team when 4.1 is released.
That is why you save you SHSH files for 4.0/4.01, So that if your already jailbroken and unlocked when 4.1 comes out and you find a reason to update to 4.1 and it kills your jailbreak/unlock you can downgrade back to
4.0/4.01 until the Dev Team finds a new exploit within 4.1, then you can safely update to the newer firmware..

armani22 THANKS! At least now I understand that I only have to wait with my locked phone in my hands... sad story indeed...

That site is Unlock the iphone usa, It cannot work on your iphone 4!!! Nor can any of the other pay sites... They will take your money and have you wait as they are using the same jailbreak, unlock that will be released by the Dev team for free....

maybe he owns the site and knows this.... who pays for unlock? they are so available sim free now that its just pointless to even get it locked unless your cheap and want to save a few dollars.. or are unlucky and are int he usa, even then you can get it from the net sim free if you want

Did the unlock for iPhone 4 come out yet?

its been out for ages just with 01.59 baseband only

I would not call that being out! only the select few who bought first gen iphone 4s and preserved there original baseband can unlock 1.5.9, anyone from that original and 4.10 are screwed. This is really strange, like 3 or 4 basebands have passed and no unlock. and the last few iphone updates did not even have baseband updates ? Did they close the exploit , are dev team players waiting for IOS 5? I can only be happy Im on ATT as my original 4 was stolen and im now among the majority on a higher baseband then 1.59....