What's new

Unlocking problem.

tissa123

Reaction score
I have a Apple iphone 3G, Model: MB704LL with Bootloader 5.08, Running ISO 4.2.1 with Baseband 05.15.04. I want to unlock the phone downgrading to any unlocable ISO and Baseband.As the phone has Bootloader 5.08 i know i could downgrade the phone by using Fuzzybavd. But I dont know how? So Please please give me some instructions.Plese wite the applications name to jailbrake.thank you

You can however upgrade your baseband to the iPad one (6.15.00) and unlock it...

...and you will forever have to use a custom ipsw if you ever need to restore your phone since apple have stopped supporting the 3G with firmware updates...

well really its unlocked for life with the ipad baseband so if you never plan to use the gps on the iphone 3g then go for it.. and it might not even effect it... so go for it.

well really its unlocked for life with the ipad baseband so if you never plan to use the gps on the iphone 3g then go for it.. and it might not even effect it... so go for it.
Thanks for the information. You mean by updating into ipad i am unable to get GPS on the phone?

Thanks for the information. You mean by updating into ipad i am unable to get GPS on the phone?

By using the iPad baseband you run the risk of losing your gps, though some have reported loss of gps not every one has so you might not lose gps. But it seems to be your only option or you can wait for developers to maybe unlock the latest iPhone 3G baseband. You lose nothing from trying. If you lose gps and dont like it you can always restore.

Restoring won't help get your gps back if you do have problems as you've updated the baseband past the 4.2.1 version anyway. So you will always be on the iPad baseband unless apple decide to release a baseband for the 3G above 6.15.00 as you can't downgrade basebands...