What's new

Downgrade Baseband 06.15.00 to fix GPS on iPhone 3G

deduadrian

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I have a question. I have an iPhone 3G with 4.2.1 OS, Bootloader 06.04 [G2N3S2] and Baseband 06.15.00. I`ve done a mistake by upgrading to iPad Baseband so now the GPS function doesn't work. Im sure most of you guys out there know about this problem. As i know, there is one way to downgrade the iPad baseband but only those ones which have Bootloader 5.8 or something like that. Is there any way to downgrade the version of the bootloader from 06.04 to 5.8? Or..is there any other way to downgrade the iPad baseband in order to make the GPS work again?
Thank you very much,
i appreciate it.

Bootrom cannot be downgraded you either have the old one or you don't. If you have a 3G with the old bootrom you can downgrade your baseband with FuzzyBand, but if you have the new bootrom you cannot downgrade your baseband.

Ok, thanks man. As i was reading through internet, Dev Team is working on a baseband downgrade software with any bootloader above 5.8. They were saying that they should release it after jailbrake of IOS5 or something like that. I hope there will be a solution soon.. Anyway, thank you for your info :eek:)

They've been "working on it" since January, so don't hold your breath :p Especially since they have a lot on their plate right now. I'm sure creating a baseband downgrader is the last thing on their list of priorities.