What's new

german iphone 3g

steve99750c

Reaction score
hi guys

i've been jailbreaking and unlocking iphones for a while now,until now that is! my friend was in the army in germany and he got a 3g on tmobile on contract while he was staying there,now he's home he wants the phone unlocking,,i've jailbroke the phone no problem at all,but i just cannot unlock it!i didnt have any errors on the ultrasn0w everything went ok,but im still having the no service message ,,,,the firmware is 4.2.1 (8C148) and baseband 05.15.04 ,please help as i am tearing my hair out thanks

You need to change the baseband to the iPad baseband which is 6.15 or so I'm not sure if they have a tutorial here but you can always google it up for example unlock iPhone. 3G with iPad baseband

yes the problem i have there is that when i use redsn0w to do the jailbreak redsn0w just crashes everytime half way thru the reboot of the phone ,ive tried several different versions and ran in admin but just the same,so i have to make a custom ipsw for the 3g and restore it thru itunes,or does anybody know of a custom ipsw with the ipad baseband files already built inlink for download? many thanks

yes the problem i have there is that when i use redsn0w to do the jailbreak redsn0w just crashes everytime half way thru the reboot of the phone ,ive tried several different versions and ran in admin but just the same,so i have to make a custom ipsw for the 3g and restore it thru itunes,or does anybody know of a custom ipsw with the ipad baseband files already built inlink for download? many thanks

May I suggest as I noticed your device was a 3G model
Google: whited00r
They make custom firmware for older devices so you get all features of ios 5 that obviously as you know you can't update to as a bonus they are also jailbroken as standard also...
You get two options to download normal version or unlocked (hacktivated) firmware version

My friend has a iPhone 2G (original) and running this and tbh it's pretty cool and doesn't slow your phone down at all

I personally recommend this for you you will get more than you bargained for :)

Sent from my  iPhone 4S using Tapatalk ☠

hi thanks so much for your help,i managed to unlock the phone using redsn0w i just had open task managr and change the affinity settins and it worked
as for the whited00r firmware that is fantastic for the old 3g as i did a restore using itunes and restored using whited00r ipsw,thanks very much again

i am currently in germany in the military as well, and i am moving back to the states next month and I have an iphone 4...is there a procedure somewhere that could help me out with getting my iphone to work back home please? i have the jailbreaking bit down, but I have never unlocked an iphone.

also, am i limited to any carriers once its unlocked?

Thanks!

hi

it all depends on the modem firmware on your phone some are unlockable and some aren't ,you could also try your network provider when you get back home to see if they will unlock it for you,but for a definate answer could you post the modem firmware number on here and im sure someone could help you out cheers

i got a problem i did this with my 2g but i keep getting a error 23 o_O but if i usse redsn0w it works but it freezes on apple logo with spinning wheel after its done

thank you for the replies...my modem firmware is 04.10.01

hope that helps some..i just dont want to take the phone back to the states if its going to be just an expensive ipod...i would rather sell it here in germany before i leave if its unusable back home.

thanks!