What's new

Unjailbreak 5s help

Dan Friscia

Reaction score
I received an iphone 5s from my brother that was both unlocked and jailbroken. I ignorantly went and tried to reset the phone to its factory state by going into settings reset, and i then found my self in a recovery loop. Not knowing what to do next, i put the phone in DFU mode and tried resetting and updating through i tunes but i get nothing but errors such as the network timed out or if i am not mistaken, error 3009.

All i want to do now is get the phone back working again. I hope it is still possible to do so. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Last edited:
I'd recommend restoring back to 7.1.2 for now and see if that resolves the issue. You can download the 7.1.2 IPSW, and DFU restore using it in iTunes.

Download the IPSW that matches that of your device below.

CDMA/Global || GSM

4 digit errors beginning iwth a 3 are always a host/network issue. If you're still getting an issue with restoring to 7.1.2, note the portion of the restoring process that you get the error on, and what the error code is again.

Also note that because there is still an insanely large amount of users attempting to restore their device, to subsidize the fact that it's for restore purposes and not DDoS, Apple is a bit slower to ensure that it doesn't see itself being DDoS-ed from all the packet requests

THanks for the reply, once i download it, how do i try and restore to 7.1.2 and not ios 8

Last edited:
i tunes also isnt recognizing my phone, just stating that a phone is in recovery mode. It is not giving me hte option to restore, only restore and update.

Hold Shift (Windows) or Command (Mac) and click on the Restore button. Then point iTunes to the 7.1.2 IPSW that you downloaded.

have an error saying can not be restored because the firmware is not compatible ?

Then you downloaded the wrong one. Again, you have to know which device you're using, either a GSM or a Global/CDMA. GSM examples include AT&T, T-Mobile, Net10, etc. CDMA/Global examples include Verizon, Sprint, Japan SoftBank, etc. They're not superimposable.