What's new

ugh????

Neubeehunhun

Reaction score
All of a sudden all my icons came out of the folder and scattered all over the place! A lot icons were missing.

All I did before this happened was using the app folder option of sbsettings to locate the path of my gmail app, and then browsed to it using ifile. Nothing was modified in ifile, I did open up one of the files within gmail app folder but did not modify anything. Nothing were newly installed from cydia or app store for that matter.

Now after some resprings and a hard reboot, all the icons are back but they are still scattered all over the place.

Not sure what was wrong, gonna do a rejailbreak incase something hasgone wrong deeply within the device and shows up after 6.1.3 is released.

Weird, anyone had similar issue?

Tweaks that mess with your icon layout typically rely on a package called "IconSupport". It is possible for the settings used by IconSupport to become corrupted, sometimes by a badly behaving or incompatible tweak. I would bet that this has happened in your case.

The net effect is that your icon layout gets scattered to the winds and you need to reorganise your springboard again. It's mighty annoying when it happens. Although it sounds like it might be too late for you now, a re-jailbreak is normally not required. If it does happen again you probably need to backtrack to the last tweak / update which was related to changing or interacting with the springboard icons or layout in any way (which unfortunately covers most tweaks! :D), and to remove it.

Tweaks that mess with your icon layout typically rely on a package called "IconSupport". It is possible for the settings used by IconSupport to become corrupted, sometimes by a badly behaving or incompatible tweak. I would bet that this has happened in your case.

The net effect is that your icon layout gets scattered to the winds and you need to reorganise your springboard again. It's mighty annoying when it happens. Although it sounds like it might be too late for you now, a re-jailbreak is normally not required. If it does happen again you probably need to backtrack to the last tweak / update which was related to changing or interacting with the springboard icons or layout in any way (which unfortunately covers most tweaks! :D), and to remove it.

If you reinstall it, wouldn't IconSupport recognize your old layout and revert it back to its original state? This was the case when I restored my iPad 2 and had to reinstall everything manually. Once I installed IconSupport with I believe it was ScrollingBoard(?), it asked whether or not I want to restore my old layout even though it may be outdated. Not sure if it's a one time thing or it's built in since I don't fiddle around with IconSupport and I normally use PKGBackup or something of the sort to restore.

The weird thing is I have not installed any new tweaks in the last 24hours or so, and it has been running smoothly. I even tried removing some tweaks that has had compatibility issue before(infinifolder and folderenhancer), everything works fine except icons are still scattered all over.

I rejailbreak anyways for the heck of it. Probably my last jailbreak until the new iphone comes out.

Try removing IconSupport, respring your device and reinstall it.

If the layout has become corrupted, reinstalling the library won't fix it. Restoring a recent backup of the iconsupport settings, from say PkgBackup would however be a good tactic.

But if the backup of IconSupport isn't available, then I'd assume the only option would be to remove the Springboard settings manually by rooting the device, repsringing and re-setting the settings

But if the backup of IconSupport isn't available, OP would have to manually delete and re-set the layout.

No, the problem is once the layout is corrupted and the icons scattered, that layout will become the new standard layout used by iconsupport. It is no longer corrupted once this happens, since iconsupport recovers from the problem, but the old layout is lost unless you have a backup.
The only exception is if the iconsupport library itself crashed without corrupting the layout. Then, a simple respring or reboot will fix it, but the OP already ruled that out ;)

No, the problem is once the layout is corrupted and the icons scattered, that layout will become the new standard layout used by iconsupport. It is no longer corrupted once this happens, since iconsupport recovers from the problem, but the old layout is lost unless you have a backup.
The only exception is if the iconsupport library itself crashed without corrupting the layout. Then, a simple respring or reboot will fix it, but the OP already ruled that out ;)

Today I Learned

This just happened again, same exact problem as last time. Some icons went missing, respring and rebooted, 4 out of my 6 folders gone poof, 2 of them survived with a few icons inside. No warning of any sort, just happened out of no where. Everything else seem to be working fine.

I have no idea what's wrong. I have infinidock/infinifolder, springtomize 2, barrel, folder/icon passcode, multiiconmover. Anyone have any idea which ones might be conflicting the others?

This just happened again, same exact problem as last time. Some icons went missing, respring and rebooted, 4 out of my 6 folders gone poof, 2 of them survived with a few icons inside. No warning of any sort, just happened out of no where. Everything else seem to be working fine.

I have no idea what's wrong. I have infinidock/infinifolder, springtomize 2, barrel, folder/icon passcode, multiiconmover. Anyone have any idea which ones might be conflicting the others?

Easy just remove one, respring if problems still there remove another until problem disappears. Then reinstall everything except the one that made the problem disappear.