What's new

Two Commercials I've Had Enough Of (Rant)

hookbill

Reaction score
If you look at the NFL or MLB, probably NCAA as well Samsung is rather effectively making all of us look like idiots. I take offfense.

First, I am never going to bang my phone against someone elses phone for any reason. You can transfer a playlist, big whoop. Of course they don't show you what you need to set up to do this they make it seem like it just happens out of the box. I call Bull Pucky.

Then there is the kid in line on his S3 and someone says, couldn't take it anymore or something like that and he says no, I love my S3. Then this snot nose nerds parents shows up and he says he was just keeping their place in line, with the inference being on iPhone users.

Coming from the Android world I can just imagine the Android Fan Boys patting each other on the backs with their arrogant, "we are so much smarter then those bunch of sheep" attitude. And that's how those commercials make us look like.

Well Samsung first I would never buy any phone you made because you don't support upgrades. And those parents standing in line were from my generation. We don't stand in lines, we pre order.

Apple doesn't try to make their phones any better then what they are. OK, maybe the stress the truth a bit with Siri but most of what they say isn't aimed to make Android phone owners look like morons.

I'll never buy anything from Samsung. Rant Over.

If you look at the NFL or MLB, probably NCAA as well Samsung is rather effectively making all of us look like idiots. I take offfense.

First, I am never going to bang my phone against someone elses phone for any reason. You can transfer a playlist, big whoop. Of course they don't show you what you need to set up to do this they make it seem like it just happens out of the box. I call Bull Pucky.

Then there is the kid in line on his S3 and someone says, couldn't take it anymore or something like that and he says no, I love my S3. Then this snot nose nerds parents shows up and he says he was just keeping their place in line, with the inference being on iPhone users.

Coming from the Android world I can just imagine the Android Fan Boys patting each other on the backs with their arrogant, "we are so much smarter then those bunch of sheep" attitude. And that's how those commercials make us look like.

Well Samsung first I would never buy any phone you made because you don't support upgrades. And those parents standing in line were from my generation. We don't stand in lines, we pre order.

Apple doesn't try to make their phones any better then what they are. OK, maybe the stress the truth a bit with Siri but most of what they say isn't aimed to make Android phone owners look like morons.

I'll never buy anything from Samsung. Rant Over.
Don't let it get to you, Hook. Never allow someone who contributes so little to you have so much control of you :)

They want you upset...that is the point to their ads...

They want the younger generations thinking the I-phone is old fashion..

Funny really...what they don't show you is G3 owners having to carry around spare batteries and a extension cord just to make their phones last through the day...but hey...they are real fast...ya know...lol...lol...lol

There will always be a "better mousetrap" built...hell lots of them come out every year...but isn't amazing...they all are always compared to a I-phone...

Mac

Just advertisement. I did like the humor behind the commercial though. Buy what you want. I like the S3. I like my iPhone5. I like my 3GS for work. Had a Droid X and iPhone 4. Just depends all on what I want or need to do. No worries man. Be happy.

LOL!!! It's just a commercial. Purchase whatever you want. My dad used to always say, "the only opinion that matters, is the one that pays the bills...".

I fully realize it's just a commercial, but when you see it every 2 minutes it gets old and you start looking for something new that maybe you didn't see. Didn't ruin my day, just wanted to rant on it. Nothing more.

I've seen that commercial a lot lately as we'll as the iPhone 5 commercials and where the iPhone commercials are just about the phone and its features the Samsung commercial is all about tearing down apple and the iPhone. I thing that Samsung wishes people would stand in line for their phones like they do for iPhones. Pretty sad if you think about it. What do y'all think?

I don't watch commercials. I find them to be a waste of my valuable time that could best be used to cure a first world issue.
Exactly! I usually use commercial time to grab a bite to eat or something, there's little truth in advertising anyway so we're not missing much.

Exactly! I usually use commercial time to grab a bite to eat or something, there's little truth in advertising anyway so we're not missing much.

I have two TiVo's so I record everything I watch with the exception of sports. That I watch live.

Everyone loves football but the truth is you see mor commercials during football then any other sport. Face it, you havve a 1 hour game that takes 3 and a half hours to play.

Get into late innings on a baseball game and you got a situational pitcher for each hitter.

That's the only time I see commercials and you see more wireless phone commercials during sports then you can imagine. I usually avoid them but sometimes you just can't. They all lie and that includes Apple.

When you have to resort to knocking the opposition, it actually shows that you have little confidence in the merits of your own product.

They should take a look at some old Rutger Hauer Guinness commercials. They were funny, clever and actually made you want to drink the stuff.