What's new

[RANT] Availability

Well they said they might be able to get me a super duper early upgrade on Feb 10th (bumped from summertime) and bump up my wife's a week...if that's the case, it will be worth it to only pay 400 instead of 850.

See... this is what I'm talking about... seems like you found a CS Rep who's willing to go out of their way for you.

It's not unheard of for them to allow you an early upgrade. Years ago, they used to allow people to early upgrade as long as they were past 12 or 14 months (or something like that) of a 2 year contract. So it's not unheard of for a August to Feb early upgrade.

Lots of things are possible... you just need to find a rep who's willing to do it for you.

I suppose but I guess I'm skeptical. He did have me on hold for about 5 minutes while he supposedly talked to his supervisor, and then he took my number to call me back on the 10th. Has anyone had someone call them back like that?

Everytime I call verizon customer service and leave my name and number I hear back from them.

Well that's a good sign I guess. I guess this is off topic, but while you guys are here, any idea why every time I get one email from GMail (set up as exchange) it a) makes the notification noise twice, and b) most of the emails don't get threaded? Like I have a hundred emails notifying me of new replies on the forum and they are all separate emails instead of one thread like true GMail does.

I've had a guy from VZW's Telesales department call me back in a similar situation. So it's definitely possible. What I usually do in that instance is ask for the rep's name, direct line, and extension in case I don't receive a call on the day they say they will call so I can chase them down. If I remember correctly, the telesales guy even gave me his vzw email address so I could keep in contact with him.

Well that's a good sign I guess. I guess this is off topic, but while you guys are here, any idea why every time I get one email from GMail (set up as exchange) it a) makes the notification noise twice, and b) most of the emails don't get threaded? Like I have a hundred emails notifying me of new replies on the forum and they are all separate emails instead of one thread like true GMail does.

Hehe... no idea... sorry.

The noise notification may just be a setting. I don't know what to tell ya about the threading of the emails.

I figured out the noise issue, I was syncing all the folders PLUS the [GMail] folders. But the threading is driving me a little nuts.