What's new

Android and iPhone -- Two years of frustration bringing me back.

crutnacker

Reaction score
My wife and I had the 3GS. Both phones were great and we liked them, but got tired of AT&T nonsense so we switched to Sprint, which only had Android Smart Phones.

At first, it was great. We liked the phones, we loved the larger screens, and we loved Sprint in the time before they got the iPhone. My wife had the HTC Evo, which served her well. I had the Samsung Epic 4G, a great phone on paper, a bundle of epic fail in practice.

Then Sprint got the iPhone and their network crashed to a crawl. My wife's phone got regular Android updates, while mine got updates that made Samsung's horrible GPS even worse. When it came time to renew, we decided we'd stay with Sprint because of unlimited data and move to the new EVO LTE, a beautiful phone that we loved... until we realized that our 3G coverage was dropping everywhere we went, including places we never had a problem. Side by side with older phones, ours were slower and quicker to drop connections. Sprint's response was to offer to replace the phone with refurbished versions of the same phone. We argued until they finally agreed to replace them with new phones. Same problem. Sprint kept blaming their network, but couldn't explain why the phones would be slower than older phones except to say that the 3G chips/radio/antenna may be of lesser quality because they're moving they're network to 4G.

We're moving carriers and because of that, are looking at new phones again. My wife immediately went to the iPhone. I have been going back and forth. Honestly, I love Android, the larger screens, the way you can customize the phones, and most importantly to me, the way that apps interact with each other (much easier to share information among apps). But then I got to thinking about the phones themselves. Android phone manufacturers are spread too thin, making far too many phones with too many variations of the Android base, and then moving on to new phones with limited support after a year or so. There is no Samsung or HTC store where I can go for assistance, and while Android has loyal fans, it's tough to speak with one voice to address problems with a specific phone. By contrast, Apple has excellent service at its Apple stores, tends to react quickly to operating system issues, and has vocal fans (and detractors) that help force problems out in the open.

So long story short, this Android fan is back with iPhone. I'd much rather have a phone that works when the iPhone 7 comes out than a phone that's limping along when the 7 inch Galaxy 5 running a subpar version of Android Chocolate Covered Cheesecake comes out.

Welcome to the forum. You have a lot of good points in your post.
I certainly appreciate both the fans and detractors of the iphone, it helps me remain centered ;-)

G'day and Welcome to the forum!!!!! :)