What's new

iPhone 5 Crushes the Samsung Galaxy S III in 'Realistic' Drop Test

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score

There's one thing that the execs at Apple didn't make a big enough deal about during their keynote launch of the iPhone 5. This particular feature is another one that makes the iPhone 5 stand out above some of the flaghsip Android devices. That is that the iPhone 5 is a very resilient product and can stand up to some punishment. In the above video, some guys over at AndroidAuthority took the new iPhone 5 and their beloved Samsung Galaxy S III out for a "drop test" spin. I don't want to ruin the video for you, but let's just say that things went pretty badly for the SGS3, while the iPhone 5 held up remarkably well. Enjoy!

Sidenote: The language in the video is mildly PG-13, so be forewarned.

Source: AndroidAuthority

Last edited by a moderator:
That's awesome! Epic Fail for android. At least they still posted the video even though the iPhone beat them hands down!

I have iPhone4 and galaxy s3, I will have the ip5 tomorrow. And I can definitely vouge that iPhone is way tougher. I have dropped ip4 plenty of times and nothing had happened. I dropped my s3 1 time last week and it shattered lol. Good thing I had insurance.

Tapatalk'd / Galaxy SIII / Beans Rom

That's awesome! Epic Fail for android. At least they still posted the video even though the iPhone beat them hands down!

Your statement in red doesn't make sense at all. How is this an "epic fail" for Android? Because one device that runs the Android OS cracks when you drop it, that makes the whole OS fail?

....Right.

Your statement in red doesn't make sense at all. How is this an "epic fail" for Android? Because one device that runs the Android OS cracks when you drop it, that makes the whole OS fail?....Right.
I do believe you're reading into this users statment waaaaaaay too much. It's obvious that it's an Epic Fail for the GS3... not the Android OS. ..........Okay.

Thanks for sharing this video, the result is clear since the second round when the holder starts dropping both two phones from chest level.