What's new

Trouble right from the start...?

NewbieIphone

Reaction score
Hi everybody
Im a total newbie into this Iphone...
I've always been a Nokia fan, but got tired of their stubbornness...
Earlier phones Nokia N97, N95, N93... always liked the topmodels for their features...
Not a gadget geek, but like things that work!!! Hmmm....

So here is my problem:
I've had my Iphone4 16gb for about 8 hours, and nothing but trouble -
took the phone right out of the box and let it charge for around 5 Hours, noticed that it came randomly with a sound and flashed the apple icon, didnt think of it, but after i inserted the simcard it does the same = closes down with stripes on the screen and starts up again after a minute or so. Can it really be so...?

Anyone who can help me with a solution besides throwing it back to the dealer and never have an Iphone again...?

Something that new you should take it back and get a new one in place of that one. You dont want to void the warranty by messing around with it.

jbs06civicsi said:
Something that new you should take it back and get a new one in place of that one. You dont want to void the warranty by messing around with it.

I agree. I wouldn't try to fix a straight out of the box issue. Thats clearly a software error

I have noticed that its only when the cable is plugged in, but its both when connected to my com, and also when connected to the electrical net

Help us out here, Newbie... Did you get your iPhone form a store, like ATT, VZ, WalMart, etc?? If so, why didn't they set your phone up for you? I don't get the part where you got the iPhone and "took it right out of the box...."
But then again, I don't get out often enough! :))

Apparently you have much better service in the US I'm from Denmark and bought this in a "3" store - If you dont know "3" its one of the big operators in Scandinavia...