What's new

HELP iPhone 4 cdma won't turn on stuck on recovery mode after tried to restore.

Are there any messages that come up after you select the iOS 6.0.1 or iOS 5.1.1 IPSW with the blobs?

i finished downloading the ispw, ran redsn0w as administrator, then selected that ispw, and tried recovery fix and it said exploit failed

Then that means your iPhone isn't on iOS 6 yet, and it's still on iOS 5.1.1.

redsn0w says baseband won't update and then redsn0w will prevent baseband from being updated for this restore but you'll probably need to run recovery fix after this restore.

It says this for all ispw's i select with redsn0w restore

But you would only run the Recovery Fix after there's progression on restoring the iOS itself. You would use it after you've gone through the progress bar on your iPhone.

yah that's the problem i try to restore but it either makes a little bit of progress or no progress

when it makes a little bit of progress i get error 2654

when it makes no progress i get error device in dfu mode instead recovery mode

In redsn0w preferences should I uncheck Automate restore?

The message before the restore in redsn0w doesn't give me any options it just says won't update baseband

I tried to consolidate some of the posts like you said.

Last edited:
It's going to be really difficult for me to really troubleshoot it since I don't have the device. Chances are you're going to need a baseband chipset replacement, which is about $150 but is in the grey area and not supported.

*sigh* well alright then thank you for at least trying at least i can help others, and they can learn from my mistakes funny thing is I just got my yearly check for christmas from my grandfather for 500$

i have sprint and on the contract we have 4 phones all have upgrades eligible except mine. I would have to wait till april of 2014. So we're just gonna cancel my phone which is about 350$. So i plan to pay for that and use the leftover money to pay for my new phone, we will probably switch to verizon

thanks once again

*sigh* well alright then thank you for at least trying at least i can help others, and they can learn from my mistakes funny thing is I just got my yearly check for christmas from my grandfather for 500$

i have sprint and on the contract we have 4 phones all have upgrades eligible except mine. I would have to wait till april of 2014. So we're just gonna cancel my phone which is about 350$. So i plan to pay for that and use the leftover money to pay for my new phone, we will probably switch to verizon

thanks once again

Well just get an upgrade for one of the other lines and swap the numbers. So it's a new phone with say your sibling's upgrade but you'll have your number on that phone

Hey I just wanted to let you know I brought it to an apple store and acted as dumb as I could and told them that I tried to upgrade my iPhone and that this happened. The "genius" told me that I probably have a bad Internet connection an that he could fix it right now for me. He said it would take about ten minutes, but it took about 20 and lough and behold he comes out with my iPhone freshly restored to iOS 6.0.1. I thanked him and got the hell outa there lmao.

Ahh the sympathy trick. That would depend on the Genius. The ones in NYC won't fall for it, not even close. I'm actually barred from 3 Apple Stores because I'm able to solve problems for people that wait on line for a Genius much quicker and much more efficiently than Apple staff can. Hey, I can always buy my Apple products online.

That's funny btw I'm just curious do you have any idea how apple fixed my phone