What's new

HELP iPhone 4 cdma won't turn on stuck on recovery mode after tried to restore.

If you're restoring to iOS 6.0.1, just go for remote. -1 error has 2 possibilities, it means you're in the recovery state and you need to kick the iPhone out of recovery mode using a recovery fix. Or, it means you have a bricked iPhone because the baseband did not upgrade or it was interrupted during the upgrade process.

yah i forgot to say that like 2 days ago i was preparing to eneter pwned dfu mode to try a restore and what not, and i accidentally pressed just boot tethered right now and my phone got a pineapple on the screen and then it turned the whole screen yellow i canceled redsn0w as fast as i could and put my device in recovery mode

and in redsn0w every time when i tried to restore it said redsn0w will prevent the baseband from being upgraded during this restore, could this have messed the upgrade up in itunes by not allowing the baseband to update causing my iPhone to be bricked?

once again thank you for your help during this process

can you explain what it means when resn0w says this error after trying to do recovery fix missing keys.plist for this build?

Is it telling me hey stupid your phone is a brick

I'm guessing that since i can't downgrade i can't un-brick my iPhone :(

Last edited:
just for laughs i tried to stitch my blobs with my ispw and it says wrong ispw this option can only be used for iPhone 3 iPhone 3gs and iPhone 4 but i have the right ispw

iPhone3,3_5.1.1_9B206_Restore

I'll probably just try to bring it in to an apple store and convince them i'm not jailbroken lol hopefully they won't ask and just wipe my iPhone clean and do a fresh install of ios 6.0.1 or 5.1.1

is there any way to ssh and remove siriport, if not bricked?

Is there no way to fix this at all? Anyone?

The prevention of baseband upgrade shouldn't have caused this since it's not changing it at all whatsoever. Assuming your iPhone is still on 5.1.1 and has OpenSSH on it, theoretically if your iPhone had Wifi on before the whole incident, then you can SSH onto it. During a reboot of a device, SSH is automatically turned on. If Wifi was previously on, it will stay on, and you should be able to see it in your internet gateway's list of connected devices. Attempt to upgrade to iOS 6.0.1 yourself. Put it into DFU mode, and restore it using RedSn0w.

You shouldn't be getting the missing keys.plist if you're using the restore function in RedSn0w in Extras > Even More > Restore.

Yes I am still on 5.1.1 my wifi was turned on before this whole incident i have used ssh on my iPhone before and didn't remove anything to do with ssh on my iPhone so i should have OpenSSH on it. What program should I use?

So when I try to upgrade to 6.0.1 with redsn0w should i select ios 5.1.1 or ios 6.0.1 ispw?

The error missing keys.plist is when I try to use recovery fix for resn0w.

When I try to restore using redsn0w I get an error saying could not restore, device found in dfu mode instead of recovery mode.

Just wanted to make the differences in when i get the errors clear.

Last edited:
Select the iOS 6.0.1 IPSW. For the missing keys.plist, try solving it with an iOS 6.0 IPSW for your iPhone instead of the iOS 6.0.1 IPSW. For the restore portion, have it linger on the Recovery Mode screen while selecting the IPSW and such, then put it into DFU mode when prompted to

I tried to restore to 6.0.1 and i got farther than i did before it said uploading ramdisk and then kernal and a progress bar under the apple logo completely empty though, but then i got an error saying invalid kernalcache.

ok i will try and update you after i try restore with the recovery screen there then when prompted enter dfu mode

i will then update you when i try to use recovery fix with ios 6.0 after i finish downloading it

Last edited:
ok i did what you said with the redsn0w restore and starting with it in recovery mode it did not ask me enter dfu mode this time, and it went through a bunch of stuff and is curremtly restoring my iPhone to ios 6.0.1 with the apple logo and progress bar it has made that tiniest bit of progress like before the bar on redsn0w now says restoring system image and is still moving slowly but still hasn't moved on the iphone.

Other ispw is still downloading i have like 5 mbps

gave me unexpected error 2654

the download for the ios 6.0.0 has 7 minutes left

Last edited:
It might take a little longer to get this working again because you didn't re-patch the Siriport modded files before attempting to restore. If it takes a little while, let it take a little while. Can't rush it.

When RedSn0w asks whether or not you want them to prevent the baseband from upgrading, say no instead of yes.

More specifically, the message should read "RedSn0w can modify this IPSW during the restore to prevent the baseband from being updated."

And also, forgot to mention it a little earlier, try to consolidate your updates. Use the Edit function on your post and just put in EDIT1: EDIT2: instead of having multiple updates. It's easier to keep track of.

How do i set it to update the baseband when i go to restore, there is no setting it just says redsn0w will prevent the baseband from being updated during this restore