What's new

Stuck in Recovery Mode!

flerbergerber

Reaction score
I recently updated my iPod Touch 4th Generation to iOS 6.1.5. I wanted to go back to 6.1.3 to jailbreak, so I used iFaith to get 6.1.3 signed blobs. I used these in iTunes (Shift+Click restore) to restore down to 6.1.3. It extracted the software and put my iPod in recovery mode so that it could restore it. Now iTunes says "Preparing iPod for restore" and nothing is happening. I tried iReb and redsn0w to get out of recovery, but neither work. Also, a hard reboot just brings me straight back to recovery mode. Anyone know how to fix it?

Last edited:
iOS 6.1.3 is tethered for the iPod Touch, so is 6.1.5. The iPod Touch 6.1.5 can also be jailbroken using RedSn0w using the same method. Sn0wBreeze I don't believe has had an update to support it AFAIK.

Follow this to get back to 6.1.5. Then jailbreak using RedSn0w here, or Sn0wBreeze if you prefer.

I jailbroke now (I think). Since it's tethered, I put my iPod into DFU mode and selected "Just Boot". Now redsn0w is just sitting there saying "waiting for reboot..."

Did you select the 6.0 IPSW before clicking Just Boot?

Ah, ok. This time I selected the 6.0 IPSW first, and now I can see cydia. Thanks for the help! :)

No problem. For future reference, when using RedSn0w, you have to essentially select the corresponding IPSW for jailbreaking and booting tethered, whether it be iOS 6 or below depending on which RedSn0w version.

Erm, I don't know if you can help me with this or if I should create another thread, but Cydia now has no apps. I added 4 or 5 sources, and on the last one it gave me the error that I exceeded the number of package names this APT is capable of. Not even a refresh works. Cydia is completely empty.

Nevermind... I just had to remove the source using iExplorer, and now it works xD