What's new

Iphone 3g recovery and restore loop, not a minor problem

raginpirate

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a major problem (Ill make a timeline of events)

--- Its a Iphone 3g

1. My iphone cannot enter dfu mode besides the dfu iso creator in redsnow for some odd reason. After I updated to whited00r 5.1.1 a little bit ago I have never been able to enter dfu manually, and trust me im not just some idiot who cannot hold buttons down for a while. I have tried doing every meathod I came across on hundreds of forums millions of times.

2. I updated to 4.2.1 just a few days ago because I wanted to use redd00r, but after installing it I realised I was on a baseband too low for ultrasn0w to handle in order to get the phone parts of my phone to work, it simply had no service all the time, so I wanted to reset my phone and install the Ipad Baseband.

3. I did so by trying to put my iphone into recovery mode, and then doing a full reset through Itunes (Giving me the "no simcard" screen) so then I used the dfu iso from redsn0w (which always put the phone into wtf mode instead of dfu mode, making me have to hold down power+home for a while), and then I jailbroke using redsn0w, selecting the options battery percentage, install cydia, deactivate, and install ipad baseband.

4. The phone went to the no sim card installed screen : /

5. I then decided not to use redsn0w since it obviously didnt work to let me get past that screen, so I reinstalled 4.2.1 using itunes, and then it didnt even go to the no sim card screen, it simply went to recovery with error 1015

6. I tried exiting recovery using ireb and tiny umbrella, did not work

7. I entered wtf dfu mode using my previous dfu ios, tried installing a 4.2.1 snowbreeze ios before and after using ireb, wont get through 10 seconds of recovery before doing error 1600

8. I basically messed around for a few hours installing 4.2.1 official, snowbreeze, dfu ios, but not redsn0w again since after a couple tries when I use my dfu ios it cannot exit wtf dfu mode, it just stopped letting me turn it off by holding down power+home...

9. So I guess im asking, does anyone know how to get out of error 1600? Thats all I really want to do is install sn0wbreeze, and keep at my ipad baseband that should have installed when I tried to install redsn0w earlier.
Keep in mind I can no longer reach dfu mode, only wtf mode because of the problem I told you earlier, unless you can teach me a new way to get to dfu mode without pressing buttons.

10. Thanks for your time guys!
(P.s Im leaving for school now, if you can reply now that would be great and I can get back to you right when I get home!)

Your first mistake is using WhiteD00r. One, if Apple stops releasing an iOS for a device, there's probably a reason they did it. Two, Error 160X is most likely a driver error. Plug and repeat whatever you're doing into another computer and retry there. Or, plug your iPhone in in its regular state, remove the driver for your iPhone, reboot your computer. Make sure your iTunes is updated to the latest version.