What's new

The Vapor: One slick iPhone 4 case

What happened to all the passion on the Vapor? Has anyone else received a case? Was it a disappointment?
Just got mine today. Happy to say I'm not disappointed. I think it's a simple but elegant industrial design with some precise machining, smooth bevels, and nice curves, quite like the Apple industrial design approach. My black on black is understated. Appears to have several changes over the original design, including a cut out access to the sim card. I'm glad I did not order the back plate, which turns out to be a stick on only. There's a video on u tube if anyone is interested.

Looks good if u can get past all the wifi and signal issues everyone is having with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The price is rediculous but that thing is wicked cool! Im really wondering about the reception problem putting aluminum over the stainless steel band on the phone... I couldnt justify pay almost as much for the case as the phone its self. It does look rad tho

Too much money for a case imo

Dang! That is quite pricey for one case. If I were to buy the Aluminum case, I would wait until I have heard all the reviews there is out there to justify my decision.

Received my Vapor case today....everything I thought plus more. I also paid the extra $20 for the carbon fiber backing....want to test the signal strength for a few days before I install it; if all goes well I will use the carbon fiber backing, will help reduce scratches. Personally, I feel the cost of the case is worth it....after all the iP4 is such an elegant phone why not give it a case that keeps it looking that way?

I will post updates regarding the signal strength as soon as I can.

If anyone has used the carbon fiber backing I was wondering if it was difficult to apply properly? Also if backing was used has anyone attempted to take it off and if so did the backing leave any residue (glue)?

I put the carbon backing on the phone. Took it off when I sold the case the next day.

I didn't care for the case. It was too wide and I didn't like the gap caused by the bumpers they put inside the case.

Glad I was able to sell it for what I paid for it.

I put the carbon backing on the phone. Took it off when I sold the case the next day.

I didn't care for the case. It was too wide and I didn't like the gap caused by the bumpers they put inside the case.

Glad I was able to sell it for what I paid for it.

I'm glad to hear you made your money back. I guess the company doesn't allow returns which is why you went the eBay route.

I saw that link someone posted regarding a rare color combo. Someone actually paid over $300 for a case? I guess they have money to throw away. I paid less money for my iPhone 4!!!

I've been using mines for a few days and absolutely love it. No problems with mines at all.

I'm getting seriously annoyed with the waiting time on these. I pre-ordered mine over 6 weeks ago and still I've heard nothing. Even those new extreme metal ones are now sold out, some of them are even on eBay going for a couple hundred pounds!!

Madness!!

Give them a nudge. Didn't reply to me directly, but several days later got an email that it has been shipped.