What's new

The Vapor: One slick iPhone 4 case

I'm getting seriously annoyed with the waiting time on these. I pre-ordered mine over 6 weeks ago and still I've heard nothing. Even those new extreme metal ones are now sold out, some of them are even on eBay going for a couple hundred pounds!!

Madness!!

I have been waiting a little longer. I have just given up. I have moved on to a different solution.

iCrush

For me this look like a vapor wave … nothing more , pity is really a good design and idea

What is the difference between the Vapor4 and the Atomic iPhone 4 case? Pretty much looks like the same thing to me? Was reading the reviews for the Vapor 4,they said to save the $20 for the so called carbon fiber plate, it is just a sticker.

What is the difference between the Vapor4 and the Atomic iPhone 4 case? Pretty much looks like the same thing to me? Was reading the reviews for the Vapor 4,they said to save the $20 for the so called carbon fiber plate, it is just a sticker.

this look like a copy of the The Vapor

got my vapor and to be honest now i have it, im pretty dissapointed overall, annodising is poor grade, allready marked from my wedding ring when holding phone. milling quality is good, but isnt a consistent match on the joint chamfers dont match up....

still looks sexy tho...

why this vapor cost so much' around 100$ ???? what is it made from - a GOLD ?
Damn,.. Am I really want such a cover, are the 30$ covers will not do the job as this one ?

why this vapor cost so much' around 100$ ???? what is it made from - a GOLD ?
Damn,.. Am I really want such a cover, are the 30$ covers will not do the job as this one ?

No it's not made from Gold, It's made from Aluminium, aluminium is expensive.

And yes the cheaper covers will probably do as good a job if not better.

I got my atomic case coming on Tuesday. I will post up some pictures when it arrives. I really think it will out perform the Vapor. I guess we will see.

I just struggle to see how performance wise this case will be any different than the vapor one... I'm rocking the otterbox now so if anybody wants a lightly used vapor PM me.

I received mine this morning, extreme metal, aluminium colour, the IP4 is a very good looking phone in it's own right, IMHO the Vapor case does not make the phone look any better, but it doesn't make it look any worse, it still looks very good, all in all, Im quite chuffed, no reception problems to report. The case does what I want it to do, it doesn't disguise the phone so much as to make it ugly, as some of the more extreme variations of protection do, I have one of the Bubble leather bags to give it protection from keys and change when in my pocket, this combination seems just right for me.

Last edited:

Now that I have seen both and held both I would have to say save your money, get your case faster, and order from Atomic. Now that they have worked out the signal issue problem (something that the Vapor4 will still have) you should not have any issues with the case. They are a tad bit cheaper, the carbon back (sticker) is as good of quality if not better than the Element one, and the colors they have are awesome. Just my 2 cents.

I was all about the Element case, than my buddy got his, I saw it, I was still waiting for mine to be even available for sale, and than I saw Atomic, had it within a week or so, very nice piece.

Now that I have seen both and held both I would have to say save your money, get your case faster, and order from Atomic. Now that they have worked out the signal issue problem (something that the Vapor4 will still have) you should not have any issues with the case. They are a tad bit cheaper, the carbon back (sticker) is as good of quality if not better than the Element one, and the colors they have are awesome. Just my 2 cents.

I was all about the Element case, than my buddy got his, I saw it, I was still waiting for mine to be even available for sale, and than I saw Atomic, had it within a week or so, very nice piece.

No, fixed.

I received mine this morning, extreme metal, aluminium colour, the IP4 is a very good looking phone in it's own right, IMHO the Vapor case does not make the phone look any better, but it doesn't make it look any worse, it still looks very good, all in all, Im quite chuffed, no reception problems to report. The case does what I want it to do, it doesn't disguise the phone so much as to make it ugly, as some of the more extreme variations of protection do, I have one of the Bubble leather bags to give it protection from keys and change when in my pocket, this combination seems just right for me.

What "bubble leather bags"?

Why do you think the Vapor case will still have a reception issue? There is physical seperation between the case and the phone as there is cushioned material in the corners of the case.

What "bubble leather bags"?

There's the link below, I got the iPhone icons one from Amazon.

bubble takes care

Must admit that they are very good quality and always get a comment.

Last edited:

Why do you think the Vapor case will still have a reception issue? There is physical seperation between the case and the phone as there is cushioned material in the corners of the case.

It is not providing a total isolation 100% of the way around the case. I have found at least that it will require 100% isolation. As the foam pads ware down the phone ends up making contact with the sides causing the exact same problem.

I am thinking the total isolation technique that Atomic will be implementing on the cases here in the next few days.... actually hopefully by weeks end, will take care of any issues they are having. I will be one of the first to do some field tests on it and see if they are having the same results as what I built.

The next step is they are going to try a Aerospace technology clear coat which will put a non conductive coating on the entire case, this will prevent any conduction and may also solve the issue, and give the case more luster. Should be interesting as to how this will turn out.