The Vapor: One slick iPhone 4 case

Discussion in 'iPhone 4 Accessories' started by DannyBoy, Jul 1, 2010.

1. planemechanic

planemechanic New Member

Since the vast majority of iPhone 4 users do not seem to have this issue, even without a case, I will go with the Vapor case as it is better looking than all others. Since the case will cover the antenna visually I can always put some non-conductive tape at the special area and ensure that I have no problem with this. YMMV

2. pdiphone

pdiphone New Member

I'm considering this one as my next case. I guess no one will stop me from buying?

3. DannyBoy

DannyBoy New Member

I sold mine ($192 eBay)... Just not the kind of case I wanted... But it looks great & fits great and didn't have any huge signal issues. Just a pain going thru the waiting list also don't expect a response to any calls or emails.

4. planemechanic

planemechanic New Member

Far from stopping you, I would encourage you. It is a very nice, well built, case. Go for it.

5. Roy_Drage

Roy_Drage New Member

Good luck getting it anytime soon, I've been on the waiting list for 2.5 months. Went with the Atomic case in the meantime/instead but so far that has proved a disaster as well.

6. daveathall

daveathall New Member

I have had mine for a couple of days now, I didn't think that I had a problem with signal, having now taken the phone to places where I know I had good/full signal coverage unfortunately that assumption has now proved to be wrong, I really wanted to like this case, it looks absolutely stunning, but, my main use for the phone, funnily enough, is as a phone, the signal loss was too great to forgive, I could never get full bars when the case was attached to the phone, real shame, it really is.

7. Roy_Drage

Roy_Drage New Member

What I find amazing is that both Atomic and Element have advertised their cases as 'a stylish way to solve the antenna problem'. Vapour cases from what I have heard don't, and having owned an Atomic case guess what? It also doesn't solve the antenna issue. In fact there wasn't an issue until I put the case on!

I know Atomic are working on a fix but I don't care what anyone says, it's false advertising. Your selling a broken product, it doesn't do what you say it does!. I don't think they should be allowed to get away with it to be honest.

8. DannyBoy

DannyBoy New Member

I agree! Even tho I didn't have a large enough issue with reception to return it. It's clear wrapping the band in aluminum nomatter how insulated does reduce the signal.

9. Bobik

Bobik New Member

did you get it? how doe it perform signal wise compare to apple bumper?

10. SF-RR7

SF-RR7 New Member

Glad you agree with me DannyBoy, no matter how you insulate it with high tech or Aero space technology it's gonna degrade signal when your in a lower signal area.
    Like I said before it's just common sense if you wrap the antenna in metal it's gonna hurt reception.

11. planemechanic

planemechanic New Member

Have mine in my hand, ordered it when it first came out, then they updated it to include the sim card tray cut out, and got that version when it shipped, glad they updated it. One of the big reasons I bought my iPhone 4 in Beijing was to be able to swap sim cards from other countries without worrying about jailbreaking it.

12. ufcfighter

ufcfighter New Member

I have had good luck with mine so far. No real issues what so ever. Maybe they got the signal issues worked out.

13. pdiphone

pdiphone New Member

I just have to say one word...DITTO!

14. KPM14

KPM14 New Member

I've been having MEGA issues with the Atomic aluminum cases, both slotted and non slotted, and have concerns that, with the Vapor also being all aluminum, the same issues may be present. That, of course, being lost reception. Can anyone experienced comment on this?

15. KPM14

KPM14 New Member

Hell yeah. And this "hybrid" talk isn't going to fix a damned thing either. So three quarters of the case will be lousy looking matted "composite" (read: plastic. 'Might as well go with the Apple bumper) and the fourth side will be aluminum? Great. I've tested the slotted cases, one side on only, and have got major reception loss. And that's just with one side on, not even with the screws in. I think I've reached the end of my rope with the Atomic case as much as I LOVE the look. What good is it if it doesn't function well?