What's new

TetherMe or PdaNet??

And I'm just making sure, but underneath the personal hot spot "on/off" toggle it says "additional usage charges may be applied." ??? I thought that was the point in downloading this app! To NOT get additional charges! It's not charging me for usage is it???? =\

If you exceed your data bandwidth allotment you get charged, no way around that. All this does is make it so you don't have to pay a monthly fee in order to tether.

Jmills87 said:
If you exceed your data bandwidth allotment you get charged, no way around that. All this does is make it so you don't have to pay a monthly fee in order to tether.

Depends on your network. My network gives me unlimited Internet and free tethering.

Depends on your network. My network gives me unlimited Internet and free tethering.

It doesn't depend on your network, it depends on what data package you have. If you don't have an unlimited data package you will get charged for exceeding your bandwidth, even if you are using a 3rd party tethering app.

Jmills87 said:
It doesn't depend on your network, it depends on what data package you have. If you don't have an unlimited data package you will get charged for exceeding your bandwidth, even if you are using a 3rd party tethering app.

I have unlimited so I should be good then right? I've heard of people getting these texts from AT&T saying theyre using too much data and they're about to get slowed service. And they have UNLIMITED! Wtf. I've never gotten it but that makes no sense to me. =\

bubbles015 said:
I have unlimited so I should be good then right? I've heard of people getting these texts from AT&T saying theyre using too much data and they're about to get slowed service. And they have UNLIMITED! Wtf. I've never gotten it but that makes no sense to me. =\

Those users reported using MyWi. Nobody that I'm aware of has reported any issues with Tetherme (since it enables native tethering).

darkstar2007 said:
Those users reported using MyWi. Nobody that I'm aware of has reported any issues with Tetherme (since it enables native tethering).

Ohhhh ok! Thanks! :)

darkstar is correct, using TetherMe is undetectable. Technically they could look at your data usage and see if you're using a lot and assume you are using a 3rd party tethering program but there would be no way for them to prove it, whereas with MyWi you access the tethering through a 3rd party app which is easily detectable.

Jmills87 said:
darkstar is correct, using TetherMe is undetectable. Technically they could look at your data usage and see if you're using a lot and assume you are using a 3rd party tethering program but there would be no way for them to prove it, whereas with MyWi you access the tethering through a 3rd party app which is easily detectable.

Right on the money man. :D!

Jmills87 said:

I see. Thanks for all your help! :)

enots27 said:
My iPhone 4 can tether as standard anyway. I use it on regally. Usually to connect my mates Xbox to Xbox live. Works a treat.

I don't have an Xbox. Att charges PER MONTH to tether. (at least in the US it does. I have a friend who lives in the UK and he isn't charged. ?? That's America for ya.. Lol) I will NOT pay for internet twice!