What's new

Tetherme untraceable?? NOT!

Kensterfly

Reaction score
I started getting warnings from ATT after I started tethering with MyWi. People here suggested Tetherme. I continued to get warnings to cease or switch to a tether plan. They finally automatically switched me. $20 extra a month but gives me four gig per month. I hated to lose my unlimited data plan but it was still cheaper than the $80 a month I was having to pay to HughesNet. The problem is that I'm halfway through the month and I've already hit 90% of my plan!! I never download movies or games and rarely stream anything. I'm using Tetherme and almost every day I get a text from ATT saying I'm getting closer to my limit. If I go over it's $10 per gig.

I don't mind paying ATT for their tether plan but I'd like to have an untraceable app. Suggestions?

TetherMe is untraceable. I think you're confused about how it works. When you tether with TetherMe(or any other tethering app) the data still comes out of your monthly bandwidth limit, they just cannot detect that you are tethering without using the tethering plan from your provider.

No matter what tethering app you use, the data you tether is still going to count towards your monthly bandwidth allotment, there is no way around that.

Even if you purchased a tethering plan from AT&T you would still have to stay under your 4gb limit.

I have the "unlimited" data plan from at&t. Is it truly unlimited? I currently don't have wifi, I plan on using alot of tetherme...

The only network with "true" unlimited is Sprint, all other networks throttle your speed if you use a ridiculous amount of data.

TetherMe is untraceable. I think you're confused about how it works. When you tether with TetherMe(or any other tethering app) the data still comes out of your monthly bandwidth limit, they just cannot detect that you are tethering without using the tethering plan from your provider.

No matter what tethering app you use, the data you tether is still going to count towards your monthly bandwidth allotment, there is no way around that.

Even if you purchased a tethering plan from AT&T you would still have to stay under your 4gb limit.

The issue is not the amount of data I am using. The messages I got from ATT specifically says that they have dete-cted that I am tethering without a tethering plan. They were not addressing the amount of data I was using but the fact that I was tethering. How would they know I was tethering if TetherMe is not traceable?

Kensterfly said:
The issue is not the amount of data I am using. The messages I got from ATT specifically says that they have dete-cted that I am tethering without a tethering plan. They were not addressing the amount of data I was using but the fact that I was tethering. How would they know I was tethering if TetherMe is not traceable?

Because they can see how much data you are using. You would be surprised how much data you really use. I had my android tethered on virgin mobile and I went through 25gb of data in a month just from Netflix.

Because you were using MyWi before which IS traceable, now they probably have your account flagged for review. The messages you are getting about getting close to your limit has nothing to do with tethering, you would get the same notice if you were close to using up your 4GB limit even if you never tethered.

Where can I get tetherme.
Is there any other way to tether my iPhone to my iPad and not use a trthering plan.
Is there cable I can use?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iPF.net

Where can I get tetherme.
Is there any other way to tether my iPhone to my iPad and not use a trthering plan.
Is there cable I can use?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iPF.net

TetherMe (and other such tweaks) is only available to those with jail broken phones. The 4S is not jail break capable ... yet.

So, the answer is there is no way to tether your phone. Sorry.

Marilyn

Because you were using MyWi before which IS traceable, now they probably have your account flagged for review. The messages you are getting about getting close to your limit has nothing to do with tethering, you would get the same notice if you were close to using up your 4GB limit even if you never tethered.

The ATT messages directly mention "TETHERING, " not data usage.

AT&T Free Msg: We've noticed you're continuing to enjoy the tethering feature with your smartphone. Your plan has been updated to a tethering plan ($45/mo, incl. 4GB) and you'll soon see this change reflected on an upcoming billing statement. Visit att.com/dataplans or call 866-975-0004.

Last edited by a moderator: