What's new

TetherMe hotspot not showing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmills87

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Sorry I've been absent for a while. Been a pretty crazy few months for me, just graduated school and just got back from some awesome vacations!

Anyway, I recently restored my iPhone5 using SemiRestore and ever since my TetherMe hotspots have not been working. I can enable the hotspot and it says it's discoverable but it doesn't show up(I have tried with several devices/computers). I have tried everything I can think of and cannot rectify the situation so I'm hoping someone has an idea for me. Here's what I have tried:
  • Re-restoring with SemiRestore
  • Resetting network settings
  • Resetting all settings
  • Uninstalling/Reinstalling TetherMe
  • Setting up the hotspot in Safe Mode
  • Restoring with iLEX RAT
I can get PDANet to work just fine but TetherMe is not working and I miss my hotspot!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Well, I figured it out. SemiRestore removed network-cmds which is a dependency for TetherMe, installed it and it's working again.

I have a question I'm in a unlimited data plan with at&t. Are you still using tether me I've been using tether me for the past 5 6 Months. I use Between 20g and 40g a billing cycle. I just received a letter from AT&T stating that if I keep tethering They will take me out of my data plan. 90% of the time I'm tether to my iPad at work. Playing my games and watching movies on moviebox. When I downloaded tether me from cydia I got the Free one. I don't pay for the Tweet.

Sorry, but we won't help you. The TetherMe tweak is a $4.99 (USD) purchase. For you to not have paid for the tweak means you are a pirate.

This forum does not condone or help pirates. Not only is piracy, and any discussion thereof, against this forum's rules, it's theft and thus illegal.

Maybe if you actually paid for, then downloaded, the tweak, you would have been better off. As it is, I suggest you stop tethering less you lose your unlimited plan.

As the original issue of this thread has been resolved, this thread is closed.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.