What's new

Tetherme not working

tuscany123

Reaction score
Hi. I bought Tetherme a couple of weeks ago. My HP laptop does not detect my iPhone. Not as a hot spot, and not when connected via USB. I've gone into Tetherme settings and chose a password. Still nothing. I went back into cydia and reinstalled Tetherme. Still nothing. Should I uninstall then reinstall? Will I still be able to install it again without being asked to pay for it again? I'm stuck, I really don't know what to do. I tried mywi for the 3 day free trial, and it was super, very easy and my laptop picked it up right away. But I was advised to use Tetherme instead as miwi may be detected by Verizon. Not only can Verizon not detect it, my computer can't either! Any help will be much appreciated!

Verizon iPhone 4, 5.1 Jailbroken, 32 GB

Once you've purchased it, the purchase is tied to your Cydia account and you will never have to pay for it again, so uninstall and reinstall it as much as you want. If that doesn't work I would suggest doing a factory restore, rejailbreaking and then reinstalling TetherMe.

Thanks for the info. I did uninstall, then reinstalled. Now when I go to settings and select Tetherme I get a message "Tetherme is not loaded.". But that's a story for another thread, maybe :)

Verizon iPhone 4, 5.1 Jailbroken, 32 GB